HD Supply, Inc. is a company that provides industrial supplies to the construction industry. The company has been in business since 1978 and its stock is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol HDS.
The jobs that hire felons is a question that has been asked for a while. If you’re trying to find out if HD Supply Hires Felons in 2021, the answer is no.
Finding work is a difficult step in putting your life back on track following a conviction at any stage. It may seem that working for an industrial distributor is a suitable match, but does HD Supply employ felons?
We realize how difficult it may be to obtain work when you have a criminal record. In case you didn’t know, the majority of the people who work at Successful Release have either been convicted of a crime or have worked directly with someone who has.
That is why Successful Release makes direct contact with businesses to inquire about their employment practices for ex-offenders.
Some of the questions we make a point of asking are as follows:
- Is it true that HD Supply does background checks?
- Is it true that HD Supply hires individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- What is the most effective way to apply?
- What are the chances of hiring someone who has committed a felony?
Is it true that HD Supply employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
We made it our goal to fully examine HD Supply while we were waiting for a response from them. We aim to provide you the answers you need if you’re a former criminal searching for employment.
We did this by researching hdsupply.com as well as our other internet resources. Unfortunately, no information on a particular employment policy for those with a criminal past was discovered.
Despite this, we still have some tips on how to obtain a job at HD Supply if you have a felony.
Has HD Supply ever employed a convicted felon?
Our investigation revealed that they are not a felon-friendly workplace. We won’t be able to give you a definitive response until we talk with HD Supply directly.
Is it true that HD Supply hires individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
People with misdemeanors, like those with felonies on their records, have a difficult time obtaining work. This is why we make it a point to include them in our research.
We were unable to locate any information on this subject. But don’t be put off by this! We have a section ahead that will show you how to get your foot in the door… even if you have a criminal record.
Is HD Supply on the list of companies that should be banned?
Consider how wonderful it would be to apply for a job without having to disclose your criminal history!
The Ban the Box campaign’s goal is to get businesses to remove these questions from job applications. This group thinks that by removing these questions from employment applications, the candidate would have an equal chance as everyone else.
Employers that sign the Fair Chance Business Pledge are committed to evaluating your work experience and abilities rather than relying on your criminal past to determine your eligibility.
HD Supply is opposed to both of these proposals. Don’t get too worked up over it; you can still get a job with a business that isn’t a sponsor.
Does HD Supply offer any specific employment programs for felons?
Although these programs are usually beneficial, HD Supply does not provide any. This isn’t uncommon, just so you know.
Continue reading for some ideas on how to improve your chances of being employed here.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
Is it true that HD employs felons? With so little information, we’ll have to conclude that your chances of being employed here with a felony are slim. We anticipate hearing from HD Supply shortly so that we can give you with a precise response.
In the meanwhile, let’s see what we’ve come up with for getting a job at HD Supply with a felony.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
When you’re not sure whether a business will employ someone with a conviction, an entry-level position is the greatest door opener.
We chose some of HD Supply’s best entry-level roles to give you a sense of what they have to offer:
- Counter Sales Associate – Counter sales and customer service are the responsibilities of these employees. You’ll need to be well-versed on product information to succeed in this position. It will also be essential to be able to deal with clients in a professional way both in person and over the phone.
- Operate a till and be the company’s face as a cashier.
- Basic warehouse activities such as loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, refunds, and forklift usage are all part of this role’s responsibilities.
With a felony, how can you obtain a job at HD Supply?
You may be interested in working here, but haven’t applied for a position in a while? It’s no issue! We are here to assist you.
Make sure you have your résumé ready before you begin the application. Do you need assistance? If that’s the case, have a look at our advice to assist individuals with a criminal past build a killer CV.
Even if your CV just needs a little tweaking, we have some great advice for you.
You’ll have to demonstrate why you’re the greatest candidate for the position. That begins with your résumé! Make sure that the positions and experiences that are most relevant to the position you’re looking for are included first on your resume.
Also, if you need to explain a period of unemployment, speak about how you improved yourself. Concentrate on the good! For example, when you were imprisoned, you worked in a kitchen and gained expertise loading and unloading vehicles. This is valuable experience to have when applying for a warehouse job.
We had a look at their application and saw that the first part requests that you submit your CV and cover letter. So, what do you think? Aren’t you happy you finished yours first? The more information you can give to distinguish yourself, the more likely you are to be called for an interview.
The interview is an essential component of the recruiting process. This will be your first face-to-face meeting with a prospective employer.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes ahead of schedule. This demonstrates that you are both interested and trustworthy.
- Dress for the occasion. Nothing overly ostentatious or casual. Something you’d wear to church would be a fantastic option.
- Smile often and talk clearly. Avoid chewing gum or sweets, since this may lead you to talk slurredly.
- Be the first to introduce yourself and your background. We already know they’ll look into it, so put it out there.
Is it true that HD Supply does background checks?
Yes, a background check will be required by HD Supply.
Here are some things to consider while doing a background check:
There are certain places that will not look at an infraction that is older than seven years! The following are the states:
- The state of New Hampshire
- *New York City
(*Screening is required for specific wage or salary bracket jobs.)
There are other states that solely consider guilty convictions. For example:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
The good comes with the terrible. Regrettably, the majority of states will continue to scrutinize everything. These are the states in question:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
HD Supply has a 2.7 out of 5 star rating on Glassdoor.com. That’s not a fantastic score… let’s see how they came up with it.
The chance to meet new individuals appeared to be the most appealing aspect of working here for workers. However, many people have expressed dissatisfaction with the long hours worked and the low compensation.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Former criminals always worry that their criminal record will hinder them from finding work. Companies that do employ individuals with criminal histories may be hesitant to hire them because of a few convictions. Let’s take a look at a handful that we believe may cause HD Supply to stop.
- If you’re looking for a job that involves cash or credit cards, identity theft, other theft offenses, or embezzlement convictions may be a red flag.
- Violent or sexual crimes are almost always a warning sign. The bulk of their jobs will need them to engage with the public.
Is HD Supply a drug-free workplace?
Yes. You may anticipate a drug test if you apply for a job with HD Supply. All of their workers are also subjected to random drug tests.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
What do you know about getting a job at HD if you have a felony? Have you ever worked here, or has someone you know worked here? Any information you can provide us would be much appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions
What company hires the most felons?
Is General Mills felony friendly?
General Mills is not felony friendly.
Will Harley hire felons?
- felony friendly jobs
- does amazon hire felons
- does home depot hire felons