J & H Family Stores is a chain of department stores that operates in the United States. The company has been sued for allegedly hiring felons and not paying them properly.
The what does /j mean is a question that I am unable to answer.
One of the most challenging challenges a former criminal will encounter following their release is finding work. We understand how uncomfortable it is to have to ask questions such, “Does J & H Family Stores employ felons?” That is why Successful Release makes direct contact with businesses to inquire about their employment practices for ex-offenders. We’d want to make the job hunting process a bit easier for you and other ex-offenders.
At Successful Release, the majority of us have either been in your shoes or have dealt with someone who has. We, too, are ex-felons, so we understand exactly what you’re up against.
We try to find answers to problems like:
- Is it true that J & H Family Stores employs felons?
- Is it true that J & H Family Stores does background checks?
- What beliefs could make it more difficult for me to get work?
- Is J & H Family Stores willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- What is the most effective way to apply?
Continue reading to find out whether you can obtain a job at J & H Family Stores if you have a felony.
Is it true that J & H Family Stores employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
When we contacted J & H, the Human Resources Manager informed us the following:
“In the past, we’ve employed people who had criminal convictions. However, since we deal with a lot of money and our work necessitates contact with consumers, we are restricted in what constitutes a crime. We will not employ anybody with a conviction connected to theft or embezzlement, and we will not hire anyone with a sex offender record.”
Overall, this is fantastic news, so keep reading to learn how to get employed at J & H Family Stores even if you have a criminal past.
Has J & H Family Stores ever employed a convicted felon?
They assured us that they had!
But how can someone with a conviction obtain a job at J & H Family Stores? We’ll go over it in more detail in a later part, so stay tuned!
Is J & H Family Stores willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
Let’s face it: Anyone with a criminal record has a difficult time finding work these days. Getting a job after a misdemeanor is equally as tough as getting a job after a felony. But keep in mind that they’ve previously said that they’ll employ criminals. So there’s no reason they couldn’t employ someone with a misdemeanor as well.
Is J & H Family Stores on the list of stores that should be banned?
Even though most people are unaware of how difficult it is for someone with a criminal record to get work, some have taken notice. Various support organizations, like as the Ban the Box movement and the Fair Chance Business Pledge, have not only taken note, but are also taking efforts to make it simpler for former criminals to re-enter the workforce.
Employers are persuaded to remove inquiries about criminal records from job applications using the Ban the Box strategy.
As a result, the employer is forced to focus on what is in front of them: the applicant’s skills rather than their previous errors.
Companies that are ready to follow these equitable recruiting practices for all employees, including past criminals, often sign The Fair Chance Business Pledge.
It was discovered that J & H Family Stores does not support any of these efforts, but that is OK. What can we say about it? They’ve previously said that they’ll employ ex-felons, and they don’t inquire about your criminal past on the application.
Is there a specific program for criminals at J & H Family Stores?
They don’t, in fact. However, most businesses do not, so don’t let this deter you. Remember, they employ criminals in the first place!
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
You have a good chance of being employed here. What evidence do we have for this? They said they would employ criminals and that they have done so in the past.
That’s wonderful, but can you tell me how to obtain a job at J & H Family Stores if I have a felony? Yes, we’ll get to it eventually, so keep reading!
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
J & H Family Stores provides a range of job opportunities as a convenience shop. Here are some examples of entry-level occupations and their requirements:
- Part-time and full-time sales associate positions are available. Receiving payments, helping clients, and replenishing coolers and shelves are all responsibilities. High school arithmetic, reading, and writing abilities are required.
- Food service – Part-time and full-time positions are also available. Because you will be dealing with people all day, you must have excellent customer service abilities. You’ll also be able to take orders, collect payments, and assist clients with menu knowledge. This job requires a high school diploma.
With a felony, how can you get employed at J & H Family Stores?
When applying with J & H Family Stores, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are a handful that we believe will be critical:
- Relax, we already know they’ll employ a convicted felon! So, remember to be authentic and true to yourself. You’ve got it!
- Application – The application is brief and must be completed online. Although just basic information is requested, J & H has a section for uploading a cover letter and résumé. These papers will be used to see whether you’re qualified for the job.
- Cover Letter – Not every company requires a cover letter as part of the application process. Some, on the other hand, will give you the choice to add one. If you can, it’s always a good idea to add one. It is not necessary to write a lengthy and drawn-out cover letter. It must be brief and to the point in order to capture their attention. The finest cover letters will simply explain why you are the ideal candidate for the job. It offers them a sneak peek at all of your credentials and abilities.
- The resume is something that most people fear. You don’t have to, however! We have a handbook especially designed to assist ex-offenders with this. We can tell from J & H’s application that your CV will determine whether or not you receive an interview. Our advice will show you how to include all of your abilities on your resume, even those you acquired while imprisoned. If you worked in the canteen, for example, you have expertise with stocking and customer service.
- Interview – Making a good first impression is crucial, particularly when looking for a job with a track record. This is your opportunity to show off your individuality and character.
- Make your preparations the night before to ensure that you arrive on time (if not early). Choose your clothing with consideration.
- Because you will be a reflection of the business, personal cleanliness and appearance are crucial.
- Use proper etiquette and speak plainly. These are elements that may be a deal breaker for a business in the customer service industry.
- Make sure they’re aware of your background. This is your opportunity to inform them on your terms while still having a good possibility of being employed! Being forthright and honest will benefit you.
Is it true that J & H Family Stores does background checks?
There was no precise response given here. We believe they will do a background check since we know they will not employ people who have committed specific crimes.
Here are some things to consider while doing a background check:
Thankfully, several states are now only looking at offenses that are fewer than seven years old. These are the states in question:
- New Hampshire is a state in the United States.
- New York
There are certain states that will only accept guilty verdicts. The following are the details:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
Regrettably, most nations continue to scrutinize everything. These are some of the states:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
Unfortunately, the business does not have much of an internet presence. There were no reviews on Glassdoor, however there were on Indeed. They displayed 16 reviews with a 3.1 out of 5 star rating for J & H Family Stores. The majority of workers seem to like their time here. However, as with any profession, there will be complaints; theirs stem from the long hours and few breaks.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
J & H Family Stores makes it plain that they will not employ anyone with certain convictions. Here are the names of people who were mentioned:
- Sexual crimes – The positions here would involve contact with clients, and they explicitly indicated that they would not recruit a sex offender.
- They prefer not to employ anybody with a history of theft or embezzlement because of the huge sums of money involved.
Is J & H Family Stores a drug-free workplace?
We were unable to find an answer to this query. As a precaution, we recommend that you be prepared.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
What kind of comments do you have about J & H Family Stores? Have you ever worked here with someone who has been convicted of a felony? Do you know anybody who has done so? Any comments you may provide would be much appreciated.
The what does /j mean in twitter is a question that has been asked by many people. This article will answer the question, and also give some other interesting facts about J & H Family Stores.
- what does j” mean in text
- what does /j mean tiktok
- what does /j mean discord
- what is j in science
- what does /j mean reddit