Felons are often barred from certain jobs, but Lithia Motors seems to be an exception. In fact, the company is known for hiring felons and giving them a second chance in life. What makes this company different?
Are you a convicted criminal searching for employment and have previous experience working at a car dealership? Then you may be wondering whether Lithia Motors employs criminals. We contacted the business directly to inquire.
Lithia Motors is a Fortune 500 company that is one of the fastest-growing in the industry. The business has approximately 188 sites throughout the United States. If you want to work at a car dealership but have a felony, this article will help you obtain a job at Lithia Motors by answering questions like:
- Is Lithia Motors willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- How do I submit my application?
- Is it true that Lithia Motors does background checks?
- Is my felony going to disqualify me?
Successful Release aims to assist you in resuming your regular life. Why? Many of our staff members have worked with or been former criminals. We understand the difficulties you encounter since we have faced them ourselves. All we want to do now is pay it forward!
Let’s take a look at how to obtain a job with Lithia Motors despite having a criminal record.
Is it true that Lithia Motors employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
When we approached Lithia Motors to inquire about hiring ex criminals, we got the following response:
“We take a case-by-case approach to each candidate.”
The good news is that you aren’t immediately eliminated!
Has Lithia Motors ever employed a felon?
We were told by the business that they had recruited criminals. It simply depends on the length of time after the conviction and the responsibilities of the job.
Is Lithia Motors willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
Given that Lithia Motors is willing to accept past criminals on a case-by-case basis, it’s fair to believe that applicants with misdemeanors would not be immediately disqualified.
Is Lithia Motors on the list of companies that should be banned?
The Ban the Box campaign has been a significant breakthrough in recent years for equal opportunity employment policies. Employers that agree to actually “ban the box” on job applications are committing to not requiring applicants to answer inquiries on whether or not they have been convicted of a crime. This is a crucial step in ensuring that everyone has a fair shot at the job.
The Fair Chance Business Pledge is another effort along these lines. Companies who sign the pledge “are committed to giving people with criminal histories, including previously imprisoned individuals, a fair opportunity to participate in the American economy,” in addition to prohibiting the box.
Lithia Motors has not been included to these lists, but its hiring practices are consistent with them. They don’t inquire about a candidate’s criminal past on their standard employment application.
Is there a specific program for criminals at Lithia Motors?
We couldn’t discover any evidence that Lithia Motors has any particular initiatives aimed at recruiting or assisting ex criminals. But don’t let that deter you: most businesses don’t have specific recruiting or rehabilitation programs for ex-offenders.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
Based on our findings, your chances of being employed at Lithia Motors with a criminal record are around average. Any business that refuses to inquire about a candidate’s criminal past on a job application has made a significant step toward achieving equitable employment chances. They may not have joined the Ban the Box or the Fair Chance Business Pledge, but they seem to be following some of the guidelines.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
The Lithia Motors careers website includes all openings at each location, including entry-level roles such as lot attendants, service porters and valets, receptionists, and more. The following credentials are often mentioned in their entry-level positions:
- A team member with a strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- In a fast-paced professional environment, the ability to multitask is essential.
- Strong organizational abilities and a strong attention to detail.
- Communication abilities that work.
- Work ethic and professional appearance.
The following are just a few of the numerous entry-level positions available at Lithia Motors:
- Lubrication Technician
- Valet/Service Porter
- Attendant at the Parking Lot
- Driver of Parts
- Clerk for Shipping and Receiving
- Administrator of the Office
All of these entry-level jobs at a car dealership are excellent places to start. If you demonstrate to your employer that you are dependable, driven, and responsible, you will almost certainly get promoted to more advanced jobs with greater pay. An entry-level job with Lithia Motors is a fantastic way to begin your career!
With a felony, how can you obtain a job at Lithia Motors?
Despite the fact that Lithia Motors is not on any official Ban the Box list, we know they do it. So, how can you get a position with this rapidly expanding firm? It’s critical to tailor your CV to fit what they’re searching for.
Here’s what you should do before applying:
- These are retail vehicle dealerships, which implies that salesmen and service mechanics are constantly needed. You’ll have an advantage over the competitors if you’ve done either of those positions before. Include information about your responsibilities and experiences in these jobs on your CV.
- It’s time to give your CV a significant makeover to guarantee that it works in your advantage. Check out our Complete Guide to Writing an Outstanding Resume (for Former Felons).
- Take another look at the credentials mentioned in the preceding section if you’re applying for an entry-level job. Mention any jobs you’ve had that needed collaboration and excellent communication, as well as how you’ve acquired such abilities in other situations.
If you haven’t done a job interview in a while, you may experience a rush of anxiety when you get an interview. Simply relax and take a big breath. You can do it. Our interview advice for Lithia Motors is as follows:
- Attitude: Lithia Motors’ fundamental principles are defined as providing honest value, gaining customers for life, taking personal responsibility, continuously developing, and having fun! In your interview, you should demonstrate these principles. Be self-assured and easygoing, but not too casual. If you tend to ramble when you’re anxious, keep your responses to queries brief and to-the-point without going into too much detail.
- Appearance: If you’re looking for an entry-level job, you don’t need to dress up too much. Simply put on good, clean clothing. In general, you want people to view you as a regular person rather than someone who seems to have served time.
- The key is to maintain a calm and natural demeanor. Maintain excellent eye contact, sit up straight (no slouching), and shake hands firmly before and after the interview to avoid seeming anxious.
- Job History: If you have one or more significant gaps in your employment history as a result of imprisonment, the interviewer will most likely inquire about them, but they will have no idea why they exist. You don’t have to claim it was because you were imprisoned. It’s OK to respond to a query about a job gap by stating that you had a difficult period personally, then quickly change your focus to the present and how thrilled you are about the role and getting back on track in your life. The way to proceed is to remain upbeat and focused on the present and future.
Is it true that Lithia Motors does background checks?
Almost every job listing on the Lithia Motors website contains the following statement:
“We are a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. Prior to starting work, the selected applicant will be subjected to a criminal history background check and a pre-employment drug screen.”
This phrase implies that your criminal past should not be brought up until you have been selected as a finalist for the position. That’s when the “case-by-case” approach of determining whether a felony or misdemeanor record should be considered comes into play.
What you should know about background checks is as follows:
A handful of jurisdictions refuse to accept information that is older than seven years. This means you’ll have to wait until next year to apply if your crime occurred six years ago. If you were convicted of a crime seven years ago or longer, these states won’t even look into it during a background check:
- The state of New Hampshire
- *New York is a city in the United States. City
* Certain wage or salary bracket jobs may need one.
If you were found not guilty, the following states will disregard your case during a background check:
- New York
Despite some improvement, many states still scrutinize your whole record, including any not guilty convictions. The following states will be able to view everything:
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
What are your thoughts on Lithia Motors as a place to work? Based on 234 reviews, Glassdoor.com gives Lithia Motors a good 3.5 out of 5 stars. Sixty-two percent of those surveyed said they would suggest Lithia Motors to a friend. Lithia Motors’ pay and perks are particularly well-liked (3.6 out of 5 stars). The most common criticism is that management is overly focused on the bottom line.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Is it true that Lithia Motors employs felons? We think they are receptive, however some crimes may jeopardize your application. Listed below are a few examples:
- Because they are automobile dealerships, you’ll have a hard time getting employed if your conviction is linked to vehicle theft.
- If you have a criminal record that includes theft or other money-related offenses, cashier jobs are unlikely.
- If you have a criminal record, it will be more difficult to get social jobs such as sales, receptionist, and so on.
Keep in mind, however, that your criminal past will not be revealed during the initial application process. It will only appear once the business has made you an offer and has conducted a background check on you.
Is there a drug test at Lithia Motors?
After giving you a job offer and before your employment starts, Lithia Motors will perform a pre-employment drug test, as previously stated.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
We wish to offer you the opportunity to assist those who are in your shoes. Did the information in this article assist you in obtaining employment at Lithia Motors despite a criminal conviction?
Please include all juicy information, including the good, the terrible, and the ugly. Please assist us in assisting others in the neighborhood!