Menchie’s is a popular frozen yogurt chain, and in 2021 they were looking to hire new employees. They wanted to make sure their hiring process was fair and transparent, so they decided to use blockchain technology.
Menchie’s is a franchised ice cream store that has been around for over 30 years. In 2021, the company plans to open up their first location in Florida. The question of whether or not they hire felons in the application process is unknown at this time.
Have you been having trouble finding employment because you have a felony record and little work experience? If that’s the case, you should inquire as to whether Menchie’s employs criminals. If you’re looking for a solution to this question, you’ve come to the correct spot!
We realize how difficult it is to obtain work after a criminal conviction. That is why Successful Release makes direct contact with businesses to inquire about their employment practices for ex-offenders.
Were you aware that many of us at Successful Release are or have worked closely with former felons? This is how we choose which questions to ask potential employers on your behalf. We do this to make it as simple as possible for you and other ex-offenders to re-enter the employment.
Here are a some of the questions we’ll be attempting to answer:
- What is Menchie’s policy on hiring?
- Is it true that Menchie’s hires individuals with criminal records?
- What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
- Is it true that Menchie’s does background checks?
Let’s look at what this all implies and how to obtain a job at Menchie’s even if you have a criminal past.
Is it true that Menchie’s employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
When we contacted Menchie’s, this is what they said:
“Menchie’s Headquarters does not have these records and cannot advise on such issues since each site is independently owned and managed. As a result, all HR issues, including as recruiting and payroll, are handled on a store-by-store basis directly with the owner.”
This was added to their website:
Menchie’s will examine all competent candidates with criminal records for employment in accordance with the law.
Is it true that Menchie’s employs felons? It seems that they do! Continue reading to learn more.
Has Menchie’s ever employed criminals?
Although Menchie’s claims they’ll consider employing someone with a criminal record, we couldn’t find any evidence of this in our investigation.
Is it true that Menchie’s hires individuals with criminal records?
People who have committed misdemeanors may also have difficulty obtaining work. When we spoke with Menchie’s, they didn’t say anything about employing someone with a misdemeanor. However, since their website states that they would consider employing someone with a criminal record, this will cover minor infractions.
Is Menchie’s on the list of places to avoid?
Did you know there’s a movement calling for all questions regarding past convictions to be removed from job applications? Yup! The campaign is known as “Ban the Box.” The goal of the campaign is to offer all job seekers a fair shot. It encourages employers to focus on the candidate and their skills rather than their history.
Companies are also signing a document called The Fair Chance Business Pledge. They are committing to fair employment procedures for everyone by doing so.
Menchie’s was discovered to be unsupportive of both of these efforts. But that’s OK; we already know you’ll be evaluated, even if you have a criminal record.
Continue reading to learn how to obtain a job at Menchie’s with a felony.
Does Menchie’s have any specific employment programs for felons?
Unfortunately, Menchie’s is not a business that provides these services.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
We can’t be sure they’d employ someone with a felony record today since there’s no evidence they’ve done so previously. Remember that their website states that someone with a criminal record will be considered. With that stated, we have to admit that obtaining a job at Menchie’s with a felony is a long shot.
But what can you do to enhance your chances? So, let’s examine how to obtain a job at Menchie’s even if you have a felony.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
Menchie’s is the biggest self-serve frozen yogurt franchise in the world. If you’ve been to one previously, you’ll be familiar with the job opportunities. Here’s a quick rundown of things to think about:
- Take and fulfil orders as a team member. You don’t need any special abilities to get started! This job pays an hourly rate + mileage.
- BOH Support Staff – This is a back-of-house job that includes meal preparation, dishwashing, and kitchen assistance. Experience in the kitchen is desirable.
Take a look at what we discovered on one of their job postings:
All we ask of all of our candidates is that they have a grin on their face and a good attitude!
With a felony, how can you obtain a job at Menchie’s?
We’ve finally arrived to the part where we’ll provide advice and ideas to assist you obtain the best possible employment at Menchie’s – even if you have a criminal record!
Menchie’s is a franchise, so keep that in mind. Because each site will be controlled by a different individual, the recruiting criteria will change. We do know that a few things will remain constant regardless of who owns the business:
- Filling out their application will be the first step. Menchies.com is a good place to start.
- The resume is the following stage, which is something that most individuals fear. We understand and are here to assist you as well. We’ve got a whole section dedicated to helping you polish your resume. So be sure to have a peek at it!
- The interview will be the last stage. Relax. Menchie’s has already shown interest in working with you. This will be your first opportunity to stand out among the other candidates.
Here are a few ideas to help you prepare for a great interview:
- Arrive on time, or even ahead of schedule if feasible. This is significant since it demonstrates your capacity to be reliable and timely.
- Make sure you’re well-groomed and that any tattoos and piercings are covered.
- Smile, be professional, practice proper etiquette, and let your individuality show. Remember how they said all we needed was a smile and a good attitude?
- Make use of this space to showcase your talents that are relevant to the position you’re looking for. For instance, if you have previously delivered pizza, you may apply for a catering position using your delivery expertise.
- This is also the best opportunity to talk about your history, if applicable, and how you utilized the circumstance to improve yourself.
- Make use of character references. Having at least three professional references on hand is usually a good idea. A pastor, former employer, parole or probation officer, or mentor are all excellent examples of these recommendations.
- Pose inquiries. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about the business, the job, or even the organization’s tattoo and piercing policy.
Is it true that Menchie’s does background checks?
Menchie’s does do background checks. However, it’s unclear if this applies to all of their places or just particular ones. We recommend that you be prepared to talk about your background if necessary.
Something to think about when it comes to background checks:
These jurisdictions would not look at a felony conviction that is seven years old or older:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New Hampshire is a state in the United States.
- New York
Only guilty convictions are shown in the eight states mentioned below:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
Some nations will still be able to view everything. These are the states in question:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
Menchie’s has a 3.5 out of 5 star rating on Glassdoor.com. It’s a win-win situation for the food business!
While working in a pleasant atmosphere, you may anticipate free yogurt and staff discounts. Unfortunately, there is little opportunity for development, and the majority of occupations pay minimum wage.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
We understand that Menchie’s is a customer service company, therefore any aggressive or sexual offenses may make it difficult to be employed.
Their entry-level jobs require them to handle money and credit cards, so theft charges may be a deterrent.
Is Menchie’s drug-free?
There was no indication that Menchie’s would conduct a drug test. Because this varies by region, we suggest that you be prepared in any case.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
Have you ever worked at Menchie’s with a felony on your record? Is there anybody else you know who has? We’d want to know more about it.
Menchie’s is a franchise of frozen yogurt stores that has come under fire for its hiring practices. The company hires felons, but does Home Depot hire felons? Reference: does home depot hire felons.
Frequently Asked Questions
What company hires the most felons?
The company that hires the most felons is Microsoft.
What jobs can convicted felons get?
Convicted felons are not allowed to work in many jobs. This is due to the nature of their conviction, which might include crimes such as murder or sexual assault.
Does Amazon hire felons 2021?
- jobs that hire felons
- menchie’s frozen yogurt
- does amazon hire felons