Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to collect and share images, videos, and other content. With over 100 million active monthly users in the United States alone, Pinterest has become an important part of many people’s daily lives.
The Pinterest Best Practices 2020 is a guide that helps you grow your Pinterest account. It includes tips on how to increase your engagement, what to post, and where to place it in order to get the most out of your account.
Do you use Pinterest to promote your business?
If not, don’t worry; there’s still time to join the party. Check out this post; I’ll teach you how to do it step by step!
How to Use Pinterest for Business is an article that explains how to use Pinterest for business.
Those of you who have been using Pinterest for a long know that generating interaction on your Pins and traffic to your site isn’t as simple as it once was.
Pinterest is always changing and becoming better.
However, there are a few things you can do to maximize your Pinterest efforts. This is what you’ll receive if you follow Pinterest’s newest best practices:
- Get your message in front of the appropriate people.
- Ensure that your pin is indexed with the appropriate keywords.
- Obtain a better ranking
- Be repined ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nauseam ad nausea
- Pinterest will suggest your pins to other users.
- Increase the number of click-throughs and visitors to your blog.
- Most importantly, avoid having your account or pin marked as spam.
In this post, I’ll teach you how to utilize Pinterest to promote your company to its full potential.
I’d like to point out that I’m a Tailwind affiliate. If you buy anything via this or any of the links in this article, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. However, this has no bearing on my suggestion. Thank you all so much for your help!
Pinterest’s 2020 Best Practices
1. Produce new, high-quality content.
Pinterest is a search engine that focuses on images. It provides high-quality pictures and videos to let individuals explore new things and come up with new ideas.
The problem is, people love new material, and Pinterest needs new content to keep its users interested in the site.
It’s no surprise that Pinterest prefers new pins over old pins.
Material producers that produce fresh, unique, and relevant content on a regular basis will be rewarded. Content that is more current and relevant will be disseminated more widely and viewed by a wider audience.
So, what exactly is a new pin? Fresh pins are brand-new, never-before-seen material.
Fresh pins are any picture or video that has never been posted on Pinterest before.
You may use new pictures to connect to previously published material (blog posts, pages, product listings, podcasts, landing pages, and so on).
These aren’t brand new pins:
- A previously used or existing picture with a new title or description.
- A previously pinned picture that has been slightly modified by moving/rotating the text, URL, or logo.
Create new, fresh pins for your most popular blog articles. If you already have some popular pins that are relevant to particular blog articles, you may resurrect them by generating new pins to increase click-throughs. Because new pins on Pinterest usually outperform old ones.
Here’s an example of a fresh pin I made for a previously published blog article. Simply by posting a new pin (connected to an old blog article), I am able to get 10,000 more impressions in only a week than my old pin (which only receives 2,746 impressions).
Use Pin templates to quickly create excellent Pinterest Pins.
Tailwind’s FREE Pin templates are Pinterest-optimized and reflect Pinterest’s current best practices.
The Perfect Pins Toolkit contains the following items:
- Templates that you may customize in Canva.
- Get a free monthly template update.
- For increased conversions and click-throughs, use this checklist for Pin Awesomeness.
- Guide to Writing Great Pin Descriptions
Get your FREE Perfect Pinterest Pins Toolkit by clicking here.
2. Keep Duplicate Pins to a Minimum
Duplicate Pins are pins that contain the same picture and URL that you or someone else has already posted on Pinterest.
They’re duplicate pins whether you save them to the same or separate boards.
While it’s OK to repin excellent material to your boards, particularly seasonal and evergreen pins, do it in moderation.
Spend more time creating new pins and less time repinning existing pins or re-saving other people’s pins to increase engagement and traffic.
Here are a few samples of fresh pins I made for my blog article.
3. Share Less to Get More Attention
Pin no more than 50 times per day and to no more than ten different boards at once.
Many individuals still believe that the more you Pin, the better your outcomes will be. However, the inverse is true. The most effective Pinners share 15-25 pins each day on average.
It’s not a good idea to pin more than 50 times a day since you’re putting your account at risk and hurting your Pinterest reach. This means less people are engaging with your Pins and fewer people are visiting your website!
Also, don’t pin the same thing to more than ten separate boards at once.
Always remember to prioritize quality above quantity.
4. Make use of Tailwind’s SmartGuide feature.
Tailwind has introduced a new tool called SmartGuide to help you safeguard your account from needless hazardous activity, ensure that you follow Pinterest best practices, and get the most out of your Pinterest distribution.
Tailwind’s SmartGuide is a free built-in tool that provides real-time suggestions, ideas, and recommendations on how to enhance your approach and stay current with Pinterest’s best practices.
SmartGuide will be activated immediately if you’re already a Tailwind user. If you use Tailwinds to schedule Pins and meet all of Pinterest’s guidelines, you’ll see the All-clear logo in your dashboard, as seen below:
If SmartGuide identifies potentially dangerous activity that may have an impact on your distribution, you’ll be notified so you can make changes before publishing. This is how it appears:
Bonus: If you’re new to Tailwind, you can try out the SmartGuide and plan up to 100 Pinterest Pins for free.
5. Increase Pin Distribution by Using Hashtags in Pin Descriptions
A hashtag is defined as the hash symbol “#” followed by a term. Hashtags are widely used on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
It’s a great method to increase the visibility of your work, extend your reach, establish authority, and attract a bigger audience.
This is particularly true on the first day when new Pinterest Pins are stored. You may add hashtags to older pins, but this will not help your pin appear at the top of hashtag search streams.
You can include up to 20 hashtags in a Pin, but you don’t have to use all of them.
When you post a new pin to Pinterest, add a few relevant hashtags at the end of the description to help others discover it.
6. Incorporate Rich Pins into Your Blog
Rich Pins are a kind of article pin. A description for a rich pin, which is an upgraded version of a normal pin, provides more information about your pin.
Here’s an example of an article rich pin, which displays additional information like as titles, author names, and descriptions directly on the pin.
Rich pins are essential to include as a blogger for many reasons:
- A title, author, and description will appear on each of your article posts. It will help you rank in Pinterest search if you strategically utilize relevant keywords in your pins.
- Pins with a completely verified and validated website are favored by Pinterest. It will undoubtedly aid in increasing the engagement, reach, and therefore traffic to your site of your pins.
The following are the steps to putting this strategy into action:
- The Yoast SEO Plugin should be installed and activated.
- To validate a rich pin, go to the Rich Pin Validation page.
- Copy and paste a URL from any post on your blog into the Rich Pin Validator.
- Select “Validate” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Apply Now” from the drop-down menu.
For additional information about how to acquire wealthy pins, see this post.
7. Double-check your links to articles, blog posts, and landing pages.
Always provide links that go straight to the source. Avoid utilizing URL shorteners like bit.ly and reroute links (Pinterest may block the links).
Don’t make promises about your Pin’s picture, title, or description that you can’t keep.
Someone may report a Pin to Pinterest if it redirects to other sites, links to the incorrect blog article, or contains deceptive, inappropriate, or spammy material. Your material will be taken down. Worse, you risk having your account suspended.
Here’s an example of an email I just got from Pinterest, in which they informed me that one of my Pins had to be deleted. Then I discovered that when I published on Pinterest, I had forgotten to include the article URL on the Pin.
Don’t make the same mistake I did. Make sure that all of the Pins you post on Pinterest (both your own and others’) go to a legitimate destination URL with relevant content.
This doesn’t have to be restricted to your own Pin. It is applicable to all new and duplicate pins that you post on Pinterest. If you save other people’s Pins that include broken links, deceptive information, or spam, the Pins will be removed as well.
It’s time to alter your pinning habits and Pinterest approach for long-term success, according to the newest update to Pinterest best practices 2020.
Here are a few tips that I personally suggest and have actually put into practice:
- For each blog article, create several pictures.
- Every week, pin new, high-quality pins.
- Duplicate Pins should be shared less often.
- Pins should be saved to the most relevant board first.
- Pins should be published at the most optimal moment for maximum interaction.
- In the description, include a few hashtags that are relevant.
- Make a board dedicated to your blog articles.
- In the picture, provide the names of your blog articles.
- In the description of your pin, provide a genuine and accurate link.
- Include keywords in your Pinterest account’s profile name and description, as well as board titles and descriptions.
- In the pin description, use SEO-friendly keywords.
- Pinning should be done throughout the day.
- Post on a regular basis
Can you guess what my hidden weapon is? Tailwind!
Tailwind for Pinterest is a fantastic method to get the most out of your online presence with the least amount of work. Without Tailwind SmartGuide, Tailwind Scheduler, and Tailwind Tribes, I won’t be able to develop my site in only a few months!
- Make a plan for your pins.
- For optimum interaction, schedule your pins to be published at the most optimal times.
- To save time, schedule your pins in bulk.
- Use intervals to space out related material.
- Find information that is relevant to what you’re looking for and share it.
- In Tailwind Tribes, connect with individuals in your field to exchange relevant information and expand your reach.
- Measure, evaluate, and monitor your progress.
- Reorganize your boards by rescheduling the most popular pins.
- SmartGuide will keep track of your pinning and make sure you’re following Pinterest’s newest best practices.
- And much more, all in one convenient location.
Here’s where you can get your free Tailwind SmartGuide and 100 free pins to play about with, experiment with, and try it out for yourself.
Do you want to automate your Pinterest marketing so you can receive an endless supply of high-quality visitors to your site with no effort?
Here’s where you can learn more about how to get started with Pinterest marketing and strategy.
Here’s how you use Tailwind to get the most out of Pinterest.
Finally, if you found this article useful, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
A short share from you would be very beneficial to the development of this site.
Thank you a lot!
The creative best practices facebook is a blog post that gives tips on how to grow your Pinterest. It’s important to have creative best practices for your business, especially if you’re in the social media marketing industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I optimize Pinterest 2020?
The best way to optimize Pinterest 2020 is to make sure you have a great profile. You can do this by uploading high quality photos, writing detailed descriptions, and using relevant hashtags.
How do I increase my Pinterest views?
The best way to increase your Pinterest views is by sharing your pin on other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. You can also use a service like Tailwind to help share your pins across multiple accounts.
How do I make my pinterest pins stand out?
You can make your pins stand out by adding a title, description, and hashtags.
- pinterest content ideas
- pinterest best practices for business
- pinterest creative best practices
- pinterest pin description examples
- pinterest description copy