The Navajo Nation is a sovereign nation in the southwestern United States. It is made up of five counties, with its largest city being Window Rock. The Navajo Nation has over 300,000 members and spans 27,000 square miles.
The navajo trucking is a company that provides trucking services for the Navajo Nation. In 2021, will they hire felons?
Do you have any trucking experience or a commercial driver’s license? Whether that’s the case, you’ve probably seen that Navajo Express has a number of employment openings, but you’re wondering if they hire criminals.
Perhaps you’re not aware, but Successful Release contacts businesses directly to inquire about their employment policies for ex-offenders. Yes, you read it right.
Because many of us at Successful Release have walked in your shoes – we’re all former criminals. Remembering the difficulties enables us to ask the right questions in order to make the transition back into the workforce as easy as possible for you and others.
We’ll be addressing the following questions:
- Is Navajo Express willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- Will the Navajo Express do a drug test?
- Is it true that Navajo Express does background checks?
- What is the most effective way to apply here?
- Is there a Navajo Express program for felons?
Is it true that Navajo Express employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
When we called Navajo Express, we were informed the following:
“I’ve had a lot of success working with several pre-release programs to assist ex criminals find jobs.”
So, does Navajo Express employ felons? They assured us that they do!
Has Navajo Express ever employed a convicted felon?
Various internet sites indicated that they are prepared to employ criminals, but we could discover no evidence that they had done so. There are certain requirements that we discovered, and we’ll go through the criteria in the next part. Continue reading to learn how to obtain a job at Navajo Express despite a criminal conviction!
Is Navajo Express willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
Their website states that they will employ individuals who have committed offenses! They do, however, state that it is on a case-by-case basis. Even so, this is fantastic news.
Is Navajo Express on the list of movies that should be banned?
The Ban the Box movement was founded by civil rights organizations and ex-offenders’ supporters. The goal of this campaign is to get businesses to eliminate the check box that asks whether candidates have a criminal record. The goal is to allow ex-offenders to demonstrate their abilities throughout the employment process before being questioned about their previous records.
The Fair Chance Business Pledge recognizes individuals who are committed to improving their communities by removing barriers for those with criminal records and instead opening the way for second opportunities. The Pledge is a call to action for all members of the private sector to work together to better their communities by removing obstacles for those with criminal records and paving the way for a second opportunity.
Unfortunately, none of these efforts has the backing of Navajo Express, but that’s alright since we already know they’ll employ a convicted criminal. Where appropriate, they will also inquire about criminal background on employment applications.
Continue reading to learn how to get employed at Navajo Express despite a criminal conviction.
Is there a specific program for criminals at Navajo Express?
We were informed by Navajo Express that they work with a number of pre-release programs to assist former criminals find employment, but we couldn’t locate any information on these programs.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
With a felony, your chances of being employed at Navajo Express are slim. They were forthright in stating that they would employ ex-felons and that they even work with specific programs to do so! However, after examining their website, we discovered that it is dependent on the conviction and the date of the conviction. Continue reading to find out what those rules are.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
Navajo Express is a trucking business based in the western United States that specializes in temperature-controlled freight transportation. When we looked at the Navajo Express website and other internet sources, we discovered that they provide a wide range of employment opportunities.
Here are a couple of their entry-level positions, along with some qualifications:
Parts Counter Person — This job is in charge of placing orders for truckers’ parts.
- Respond to requests for part orders.
- Keep an eye on demand for components.
- Because building a connection with suppliers would be needed, customer service skills will be required.
- High school diploma or similar, with preference for technical school
- A working knowledge of the components and supplies used on diesel engines, tractors, trailers, and refrigeration equipment.
Building Maintenance Worker — At the main office, you will help the maintenance manager with indoor and exterior care. This will require yard maintenance and minor repairs.
- Experience with building maintenance is desirable, but not necessary.
- There is no need for a high school diploma or a GED.
- Applicants with gaps in their resumes or who have been out of the job for six months or longer would benefit from this position.
Trainer-CDL — This work will demand you to deliver and pick up freight while adhering to a strict timetable.
- Drivers who are new to the business and have earned their CDL-A license will get training.
- Tractor trailer experience of two years
- a clean driving record
- It is recommended, but not necessary, to have a tanker/hazmat endorsement and a CDL license.
- Experience driving a truck for a year is desirable but not necessary.
With a felony, how can you obtain a job at Navajo Express?
Navajo Express informed us that if you have a criminal record, they would employ you, but there are a few things you should be aware of:
Investigate the business to see what kinds of employment they have that you may be interested in. Make certain that the job you choose is one for which you are qualified. We also suggest that individuals with a criminal record review their policies. Even with a criminal past, a person with little or no experience has a possibility of being employed here.
Application – We all know how daunting applications can be, which is why we’re here to assist. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind while filling out an application.
- Make sure you have enough time to fully finish the application. You should not hurry through the application since this may result in mistakes.
- Make sure you don’t forget anything. Filling up a blank with a simple N/A (not applicable) informs the employer that it does not apply to you.
- When it comes to previous job, be as detailed as possible. Up-to-date skills, expertise, and contact information are required.
- If you’re questioned about your criminal background, tell the truth! If they’re asking, they’re probably going to do a background check anyhow.
Resume – Are you unsure whether your resume is complete? We can also assist you in this area! We’ve dedicated a whole post on the resume. We’ll show you a few alternative approaches to include all of your relevant experience and abilities in your resume.
Interview – Even the most self-assured individual may get anxious during an interview. You’ll be OK if you recall a few essential things.
- Arrive early to avoid disappointment. Being on time is something that all employers value.
- Smile a lot. In a good manner, a grin makes you remembered.
- Remember your demeanor and cheerful demeanor; these, too, may leave an indelible impression.
- Tell the truth about your past. This is your chance to explain your previous circumstances, so take use of it! Tell them what you’ve learnt and how you’ve developed as a result of the experience. Allowing them to see the bright side will assist you.
Is it true that Navajo Express does background checks?
They said that they do, but only after an offer has been made.
Something to think about when it comes to background checks:
Did you know that certain states would only consider a crime if it is less than seven years old? The following are the details:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New Hampshire is a state in the United States.
- New York
Only guilty convictions are included in these states:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
The following are the states that will continue to look into everything:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
Navajo Express has a 2.5 out of 5 star rating on Glassdoor.com. We investigated further to find out why. The most common criticism seems to be a lack of direction and leadership. We did note, however, that the business was commended for being an excellent first-time trucking job.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
On their application, Navajo Express makes it obvious which offenses will make it tough to be employed here.
Here’s what we discovered:
- Charges or convictions for controlled substances within the last ten years will not be accepted. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Convictions for misdemeanors and felonies will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- DUI/DWI offences over the previous five years will be rejected. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- There have been no felonies in the past ten years. Misdemeanors will be looked at.
Is there a drug test at Navajo Express?
Yes. You may anticipate to be subjected to a drug test, as well as random drug tests.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
Have you worked with Navajo Express before? Have you or someone you know worked or applied for a job here after being convicted of a felony? Any comments you give would be greatly appreciated!
The does home depot hire felons is a question that has been asked many times. Home Depot does not hire convicted felons, but they do have other positions available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What delivery service hires felons?
What trucking companies will hire felons?
I am not sure of the answer to this question.
Can a felon own a trucking company?
- jobs that hire felons
- felony friendly jobs
- does amazon hire felons