New Balance is a leading athletic shoe and apparel company. In 2021, they will be hiring for their new headquarters in Boston. As of now, there are no felons employed by the company. Will they change that policy when the time comes?
The list of companies that hire felons 2021 is a list of companies that have been found to hire felons. New Balance was not on the list, but it has been reported to be hiring in the future.
A retail job may be precisely what you need if you have a felony on your record. Have you ever wondered whether convicted criminals work at New Balance?
They’re a well-known shoe retailer having stores in shopping malls as well as their own stores. If you want to help consumers choose the perfect pair of shoes, we have some suggestions for how to get a job at New Balance with a felony. We’ll provide you tips on how to prepare for the application and interview procedures, as well as answers to the following questions:
- Is it true that New Balance employs people who have been convicted of a crime?
- What is the procedure for submitting my application?
- Is it true that New Balance does background checks on their employees?
- Is my felony going to make me ineligible?
- Is there going to be a drug test?
Our team knows how difficult it may be to get work, especially if you have a criminal past. Our team is made up of ex-offenders and those who have worked closely with them. That is why we go straight to companies and ask whether they hire ex-offenders.
The mission of Successful Release is to help ex-offenders in restarting their lives.
Let’s look at how to get a job at New Balance even if you have a criminal past.
Is it true that criminals work at New Balance?
It is against the company’s stated policy to hire convicted criminals.
We tried to reach out to New Balance to ask about their position on hiring felons, but were unable.
Has a convicted criminal ever worked for New Balance?
Our sources aren’t revealing whether or not they’ve worked with criminals before.
Is it true that New Balance employs people who have been convicted of a crime?
At this moment, there is insufficient information to reply to your inquiry.
Is New Balance among the brands that should be prohibited?
To begin with, you’re interested in the Ban the Box list. It’s a list of companies who have removed the question about prior convictions from their application forms, allowing them to hire individuals based on their talents and abilities rather than their criminal records.
The Fair Chance Business Pledge is similar to this list. It’s a commitment to focus on your job history and abilities rather than your previous mistakes.
Despite the fact that New Balance does not participate in any of these programs, we investigated a couple of their job postings and discovered that no questions about your criminal history are asked.
Is there a special program at New Balance for criminals?
They do not currently have any special employment programs for felons.
What are the odds of a felony offender finding work?
We’ve done a lot of research to see how likely it is for you to get hired by New Balance if you have a criminal record. Our conclusion is still a work in progress. We were unable to reach them for comment, and although they are not included on the Ban the Box list, their applications do not ask about prior convictions. Even if your infraction was small, you should still be able to get an entry-level employment.
What kinds of jobs are available at the entry level?
The bulk of New Balance’s entry-level jobs are in retail. Fitting customers for shoes, generating sales, and stocking are just a few of their primary duties. The majority of shops are open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., although mall hours may vary.
If you’ve been convicted of a felony, here’s how to get a job at New Balance.
So, despite having a felony, you’ve decided to apply for a job at New Balance, but you’re not sure where to start. Don’t be alarmed. We’re here to help you out!
The first step is to go to their jobs page and search for openings in your desired field. Then you’ll fill out an application for the job that you’re qualified for. Let us assist you in making it spectacular! This is also where you’ll send your résumé, so make it stand out!
- In your résumé, include any prior work experience you have, such as customer service, cashiering, or stocking positions.
- Then, tell them about any new skills or capabilities you’ve developed. Do you have any experience working at a cash register or a credit card machine, for example? Do you have any expertise with inventory management? Have you ever worked in a customer service setting?
- Then explain them about how you got these skills. Have you ever worked in a detention center’s stockroom? Do you have any experience working for a competitor, such as Nike or Adidas? Customer service skills may have been learned while working at a convenience store or a fast food restaurant. In any case, make sure it’s in your resume.
Check out our go-to resume guide for ex-felons if you need additional help.
You’ve submitted your résumé and have been contacted. Congratulations! Let’s look at some New Balance interview advice right now:
- Despite New Balance’s relaxed, uniform dress code, you’ll want to look your best. Wear a business casual outfit, such as a nice pair of pants and a button-down dress shirt for men or a lovely dress for ladies.
- Remove or hide any piercings or tattoos you may have until you learn more about the company’s rules.
- After that, arrive 10-15 minutes early. This will show your passion for the work as well as your ability to adhere to a schedule. It will also provide you with the chance to submit any required pre-interview paperwork.
- Throughout the interview, emphasize the talents and qualities shown on your CV. Keep a copy with you as a reference if required. Concentrate on honing your skills in customer service.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Because you’ll be working with the general public, they’ll be looking for someone who can cope with stress in any situation.
Is it true that New Balance does background checks on their employees?
We’re not sure whether they’ll do a background check. This is something that our sources aren’t sure about. Keep in mind that most companies will do a background check on you, even if it’s only to make sure you’re legally eligible to work for them.
The following are some things to keep in mind regarding background checks:
Not every state follows the same rules when it comes to background checks. For example, if you live in one of these states, they will only look at convictions within the previous seven years. Anything older than that is not considered.
- New Hampshire is a state in the United States.
- *The City of New York
(* Some occupations, depending on their salary or income category, may need one.)
Not guilty verdicts are also disregarded in these eight states:
- Indiana is a state located in the United States of America (limited check)
- New York
However, if you live in one of the states mentioned below, you should exercise caution. They’ll go through your whole past, including any times when you’ve been found not guilty.
- Indiana is a state located in the United States of America (extensive check)
- The state of New Jersey is located in the United States.
- The state of North Carolina is located in the United States of America.
- North Dakota is a state in the United States of America.
- The state of Rhode Island is located in the United States.
- The state of South Carolina is located in the United States of America.
- West Virginia is a state in the United States of America.
In order to present you with New Balance’s ratings, we did some online research. On Glassdoor.com, they have a 3.5 out of 5 star rating. The bulk of the 400 reviews suggest that the working environment is nice, but that you can expect to be on your feet a lot.
What kind of criminal convictions may make it difficult for you to get work here?
Is it true that criminals work at New Balance? We don’t have any means of knowing for certain. We are aware that some offenses may damage your chances. Because you’ll be working directly with customers, cash, and inventory at New Balance, these offenses will make it difficult to be hired:
- Violent offenses
- Drug or alcohol-related charges
- Theft of one’s identity is a significant issue.
Is New Balance a drug-free workplace?
We don’t have personal knowledge, and sources aren’t stating if the company would perform drug testing. However, planning as though they might is always a smart idea.
Have you applied for this position or worked there before? Please share your stories with us!
Have you been able to get a job with New Balance despite having a felony? Please fill in the fields on the next page. We’d be ecstatic to know about it. You will help others in similar circumstances as well as our community.
New Balance is a company that hires people with criminal backgrounds. The second chance jobs for felons are available in the city of Boston, Massachusetts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What employers hire felons?
There are many employers that hire felons. You can check with your local employment office or contact the companies directly to find out if they hire felons.
Do Amazon hire felons?
They do not hire felons, but they do employ people with criminal records.
Is Big Lots felon friendly?
Big Lots is not a felon friendly store.
- does unfi hire misdemeanors
- new balance interview questions
- companies that hire felons massachusetts
- list of companies that hire felons 2020
- working at new balance