The company is a global leader in the manufacturing of heavy-duty trucks and buses, with headquarters in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
In 2021, the jobs that hire felons will be a hot topic. There are many companies that will be hiring felons in the years to come.
Do you want to be a part of the automotive industry? Let’s address the question: Does Oshkosh Corporation employ felons?
We go out to companies directly at Successful Release to learn about their employment policies for ex-felons. Our aim is to provide you with as much assistance as possible while searching for jobs with a criminal record.
Many members of the Successful Release team have a criminal background as well. We’ve been through it. We’ll also respond to queries such as: How does Oshkosh Corporation conduct background checks? What do employee testimonials say about the company?
Let’s get this party started!
Is it true that Oshkosh Corporation employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
We don’t know since we don’t have it yet. Furthermore, their policy is not available on the company’s website.
Has Oshkosh Corporation ever employed a felon?
They seem to have, although it depends on the crime. This is based on employee comments posted online.
Is Oshkosh Corporation willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
We can’t be certain. Remember that misdemeanors are less severe than felonies, therefore you have a greater chance of getting away with it.
Is Oshkosh Corporation on the list of companies that should be banned?
Unfortunately, Oshkosh Corporation does not appear on the Ban the Box list. Employers who sign do not have a checkbox for criminal records on their application forms. This allows you to demonstrate your work abilities before they inquire about your criminal past.
The business has also refused to sign the Fair Chance Business Pledge. If they had, it would immediately indicate that they treat all applicants equally throughout the application process. It makes no difference whether you have a criminal record or not.
But don’t be disheartened! Ban the Box legislation apply to private businesses in thirteen states. Because Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing facilities in four of these states, this may make it simpler to obtain a job there with a conviction.
Is there a specific program for criminals at Oshkosh Corporation?
Whether you’re asking if Oshkosh Corporation has a specific program for criminals, the answer is no.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
The chances, in our view, are ordinary, and here’s why:
- We don’t know what Oshkosh Corporation’s stance is on employing ex-offenders.
- The business is not on the Ban the Box list or has signed the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
- Several of their production facilities are located in states that have enacted Ban the Box legislation for private businesses.
- Some workers believe you can be employed even if you have a criminal past, while others believe you can’t.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
We found several entry-level job openings at Oshkosh Corporation. One that requires a high school diploma is:
- Cleaning and degreasing surfaces, as well as masking unpainted areas to preserve them, are used to prepare components and equipment for painting.
- Supports manufacturing and production by performing a range of activities.
If you don’t have a high school diploma, don’t worry. Perhaps you have supervisory experience and are looking for a job in production or manufacturing at Oshkosh Corporation. They do, after all, have supervisors:
Supervisor of the Shift
- Plans and supervises the work of production workers.
- Supports the plant team with supplies and technical issues.
How to obtain a job with Oshkosh Corporation despite a criminal conviction
Begin by creating a fantastic résumé. It will remind you that you have a lot to offer when you see all of your work talents and expertise on paper. This will give you more confidence that you can work at Oshkosh Corporation despite having a felony or misdemeanor on your record. Here are some resume recommendations:
- List essential customer abilities that are relevant to the position you’re applying for right away.
- Use words like “took action to,” “responded promptly,” and so on to demonstrate accountability.
- Include any accolades your work team received for achieving sales targets, for example.
- Even if it was a position you had in prison, such as arranging the space for AA meetings, highlight any leadership responsibilities you played.
Then, go to the company’s job opportunities website to see what positions are available. The Oshkosh Corporation thinks that if they treat their employees well, they will serve their customers well, and sales will increase. Here’s an example of how you can use this concept to your interview:
- Respect one another.
- When you meet the interviewers, be courteous.
- Before you respond, wait until they’ve completed their inquiry.
- “Thank you” and “please” always go a long way.
- When asked if you have any questions, keep them to a minimum.
- Emphasize collaboration.
- When answering queries, provide collaboration examples with other workers.
- If you’ve worked with other volunteers or been a member of a team, mention it.
- Explain why you needed to cooperate while you were imprisoned.
- Let’s talk about helping others.
- Any customer service duties should be discussed.
- Describe the job you performed as a child, such as babysitting or lawn mowing, in detail.
- Tell describe your volunteer work, including any activities you participated in while in jail to assist other prisoners, such as tutoring.
- Describe how you maintained your composure while dealing with unpleasant individuals.
Is Oshkosh Corporation required to do background checks?
You must pass a background check, according to several of the company’s employment ads. However, what this entails is unclear. Businesses must constantly check that you are legally permitted to work in the United States. Prepare for them to double-check any additional information you give them.
Here’s what we know about each state’s background check process:
Only crimes committed within the previous seven years are considered in the following states:
- The state of New Hampshire
- *New York City
(* Certain wage or income bracket jobs may need one.)
If you’ve been found not guilty, these states don’t want to know:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
Be aware that the states listed below will look into your whole criminal past, even if you were acquitted.
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
On Glassdoor, Oshkosh Corporation is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars. Based on 453 customer reviews. What’s even more remarkable is that the business was named to Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019. Furthermore, 89 percent indicated they would suggest Oshkosh Corporation to a friend, with 99 percent saying they approve of the CEO.
In their evaluations, many employees highlight the company’s “people first” attitude. This essentially implies that workers are treated with respect and that all employees are encouraged to collaborate.
On Indeed.com, another 590 workers give them a 3.6 out of 5 star rating. Salary and perks, work-life balance, and culture get the best ratings.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Maybe you’re wondering whether Oshkosh Corporation hires individuals who have been convicted of misdemeanors for driving while intoxicated. The business may be worried that you have a drug addiction issue, regardless of how you are charged. This may make it more difficult for you to be employed since employers want to know that you will show up for work sober. Missing shifts is one issue, but employees who are inebriated may put themselves or their colleagues at danger of accidents.
A criminal record for property offenses such as theft or vandalism may cause the recruiting manager to raise an eyebrow. Whether they have access to corporate property or a coworker’s possessions, they expect their workers to be trustworthy and courteous.
Finally, any crimes such as violence that show you don’t function well with others may cause you problems. On the work, collaboration is essential!
Is Oshkosh Corporation a drug-testing company?
Yes. Some of their job postings state that you must pass a drug test in order to be employed.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
Tell us about your experience getting employed at Oshkosh Corporation! This is your chance to speak up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What company hires the most felons?
The company that hires the most felons is Amazon.
Where can I get a job with a felony?
You cant get a job with a felony.
Can you work at General Motors with a felony?
Yes, but you will need to be able to prove that you are not a threat.
- felony friendly jobs
- does amazon hire felons
- does home depot hire felons