Penske Automotive, a Fortune 500 company, is looking to hire new employees in 2021. The company has been under fire for the past few years due to their controversial hiring practices, including hiring felons who were convicted of crimes related to theft or violence.
The penske background is a question that is asked often. It’s unclear if Penske will hire felons in 2021.
Do you love working with cars but are concerned that your criminal record is preventing you from doing so? Have you ever wondered whether Penske Automotive employs felons?
We can assist you obtain a job at Penske Automotive with a felony if you want to sell automobiles or even work on them. We’ll begin by considering the following issues:
- Is Penske Automotive willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- How do I submit my application?
- Is it true that Penske Automotive does background checks?
- Do they do drug tests?
It’s difficult to get employment if you’ve been convicted of a crime. That is why we approach businesses directly and inquire whether they employ ex-offenders. We also do extensive background research in order to provide you with a business evaluation as well as application and interviewing advice. Why should we be concerned? We know what it’s like because we’ve been there. Our staff is nearly entirely made up of ex-felons and those who have worked closely with them in the past.
So, let’s look at how to obtain a job with Penske Automotive even if you have a conviction.
Is it true that Penske Automotive employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
We attempted to contact the business for a comment on its policy for employing ex criminals, as promised, but have yet to get a response. They do, however, follow the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s guidelines. Anyone may apply, even if they have a criminal past.
Has Penske Automotive ever employed a convicted felon?
We don’t know for sure whether they’ve ever employed criminals before. We haven’t gotten a comment from the business yet, and our sources are contradictory, but it seems that job offers are given on a case-by-case basis.
Is Penske Automotive willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
Unfortunately, there isn’t enough information to address this query.
Is Penske Automotive on the list of companies that should be banned?
Penske Automotive, however, is not on the Ban the Box list and has not signed the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
What are these programs, though? Ban the Box is a campaign that urges businesses to remove questions off job applications that inquire whether you’ve ever been convicted of a crime. A comparable pledge is the Fair Chance Business Pledge: It’s a promise to concentrate on your present skills and job experience rather than evaluating you based on your past. Both of these initiatives aim to provide former criminals with a fair opportunity at a new life.
However, there is some good news! We filled out a couple of their online applications and were surprised to learn that the business did not inquire about prior convictions.
Is there a specific employment program for criminals at Penske Automotive?
At this moment, they do not have any specific hiring programs for criminals.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
We’ve spent a lot of time on this and have done a lot of research. With a felony, your chances of being employed at Penske Automotive are unclear.
Unfortunately, we don’t know whether they’ll employ ex-felons since we haven’t gotten a response from the business. They may employ depending on the circumstances, according to sources, and we know they don’t inquire about convictions on the application.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
Several entry-level positions are available at Penske Automotive, including:
- Valet — Keeping the interior departments and outdoor lots clean and tidy, as well as relocating vehicles to their assigned places, are among the responsibilities of valets.
- Sales Consultant – Works directly with dealerships to sell new and used cars.
- Porters are responsible for cleaning, detailing, and maintaining cars.
Starting off in an entry-level job enables you to get to know your way around the business and position yourself for future development and promotions.
With a felony, how can you obtain a job at Penske Automotive?
So, you’d want to apply for a job at Penske Automotive despite having a felony, but you’re not sure how? That’s exactly where we come in. We’re here to assist you!
Penske Automotive has a thorough recruiting procedure in place. The first thing you’ll need to do is fill out an online application by going to their job website and selecting your preferred area and role. While answering the questions, have your CV accessible.
It’s a good idea to make one if you don’t already have one. If you need assistance, we offer a guide for ex-felons.
Include your prior employment history, including names, addresses, and phone numbers of former employers, while filling out the application.
List your relevant skills and abilities for the job you’re looking for. You’re not sure what they’re called? Consider the following questions:
- Is your driver’s license valid?
- Have you ever cleaned and detailed a car (even while in prison)?
- Have you ever worked in sales before?
- Did you previously work for a competitor’s garage? What about Goodyear, Sonic Automotive, or Discount Tire?
It’s also a good idea to say where you learned these abilities. Your abilities matter, whether you were self-taught or learnt on the job.
Have you ever taken automotive courses at a community college or a trade school in your area? Let them know about any education you’ve completed that qualifies you as a better prospect!
Penske Automotive will arrange a phone interview and at least one in-person interview once you finish the application. But don’t be concerned. We’ve got you covered there as well!
When it comes to phone interviews and in-person interviews…
- Make sure you’ll be available when the call is scheduled.
- Take the call in a calm, distraction-free environment.
- Tell them about your abilities and skills once again. Make a point of mentioning your past responsibilities. Your experience, regardless of where it comes from, will persuade them to hire you.
- Tell the truth about your criminal history. Because they’ll do a background check, it’s better to simply be honest.
- Inform them of your convictions. Yes, you stated that in your phone interview, but it’s better if everyone is on the same page so that a background check doesn’t come as a surprise.
- At this point, you’ll also be asked to submit five company references, each with its own name, address, phone number, and email address. It’s better to plan ahead of time and have these items available.
Is it true that Penske Automotive does background checks?
Yes, according to sources, Penske Automotive will perform a background check before making a job offer. After the in-person interview, it seems that they will do a background check.
What you should know about background checks is as follows:
Background checks differ from one state to the next. It’s important to be aware of the legislation in your area. In certain places, anything older than seven years isn’t considered. These are the states in question:
- The state of New Hampshire
- *New York City
(* Certain wage or income bracket jobs may need one.)
There are eight states that will not take not guilty verdicts into account:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
However, if you reside in one of the states on this list, be careful. They have access to your complete record, even those instances in which you were found not guilty:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
We conducted some research online in order to provide you with Penske Automotive’s ratings. They have a 4 out of 5 star rating on Glassdoor.com. The majority of the reviews are positive. They help you advance your career by promoting you inside the business. Long hours and sluggish periods, on the other hand, are seen as disadvantages.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Is it true that Penske Automotive employs felons? They may employ on a case-by-case basis, we’re not sure. Certain crimes, on the other hand, will jeopardize your prospects.
Because you’ll be working directly with new and used cars and interacting with the public, if you have any of the following crimes on your record, you may find it difficult to be employed at Penske Automotive:
- Charges involving drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving or any other offences that result in your license being suspended
- Crimes of violence
However, since they don’t ask about convictions on the application, simply be honest during the interview.
Is there a drug test at Penske Automotive?
Yes, according to internet sources, you should expect a drug test throughout the employment process.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
Have you used the tips in this article to obtain a job at Penske Automotive despite having a felony? This is your opportunity to assist someone who is in a similar situation to you. We’d love to hear everything about it in the comments section below!
The does home depot hire felons is a question that many people have been asking. In the year 2021, Penske Automotive will be hiring new employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Penske felony friendly?
Yes, Penske is known to be a very friendly company.
Can you work at General Motors with a felony?
Yes, you can work at General Motors with a felony.
Where can I get a job with a felony?
You can find a job with a felony in many different areas. For example, you could work as a security guard or as an armed bodyguard.
- jobs that hire felons
- felony friendly jobs
- does amazon hire felons