Roehl Transport, Inc. is a company that provides freight transportation services to businesses in North America and Europe. The company was founded in the early 1900s by John Roehl, who established the first trucking business in Canada. The company has grown into one of the largest privately-held companies in North America with over $2 billion USD in revenue.
Roehl Transport is a trucking company that has been in business since the 1800s. The company operates over 1,000 trucks and employs over 11,000 people.
Looking for a career that pays well, provides paid training, and allows you to work from home? Then you should inquire as to whether Roehl Transport employs criminals. They’re a major trucking business headquartered in Wisconsin that serves all of North America, so there’s a chance you’ll get hired!
Successful Release seeks to level the playing field for ex-offenders by contacting businesses directly to inquire about their employment practices for ex-offenders. To make it on the outside, you’ll need to look for employment that will offer you a second shot. We understand how difficult that may be, which is why Successful Release strives to be your one-stop shop.
We not only speak the talk, but we also hire ex-offenders! The majority of our employees have access to or have worked with the system. As a result, we’re personally engaged in your success.
We’ll teach you how to obtain a job at Roehl Transport with a felony in this post. We looked at the following as well:
- Is Roehl Transport willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
- How do I submit my application?
- Is it true that Roehl Transport does background checks?
- Is my felony going to disqualify me?
Continue reading to find out for yourself!
Is Roehl Transport a company that employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
We attempted to contact Roehl Transport to inquire about their employment policy for criminals. They did not reply to requests for comment. We’ll update the story whenever they reply.
Roehl Transport, on the other hand, claims to be an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer on their website.
Has Roehl Transport ever employed a felon?
Is it true that Roehl Transport employs criminals, and if so, is there proof? The good news is that they do and that there is! As a result, they join a lengthy list of transportation firms that employ criminals.
Former criminals have been employed, according to many internet testimonies. However, several individuals thought that their background checks were the reason they were not employed.
Is Roehl Transport willing to employ individuals who have committed misdemeanors?
Misdemeanors are unlikely to prevent you from applying.
Is Roehl Transport on the list of companies that should be banned?
Businesses should look at someone’s credentials before their past, according to Ban the Box. Companies that “bann the box” delete the section of their employment forms that asks about criminal background.
Businesses are also asked to eliminate obstacles to employment as part of the Fair Chance Business Pledge. The aim is to persuade companies to offer individuals with a criminal record a second opportunity.
Despite the fact that Roehl Transport is not a participant in any of these programs, they have hired individuals with criminal histories.
Is there a specific program for criminals at Roehl Transport?
Roehl Transport has no specific employment initiatives for convicts.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
With a felony, your chances of being employed at Roehl Transport are quite good!
- Roehl Transport has said that they employ convicts on other construction projects.
- Roehl Transport is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- In previous independent investigations, former criminals claim to have been recruited there.
Let’s take a look at how to be recruited at Roehl Transport with that in mind.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
We know that individuals with criminal records have been employed at Roehl Transport. Now we need to figure out which job we should apply for! Roehl Transport provides both driving (trucking) and non-driving (warehousing) employment. Their entry-level job includes the following:
- Paid CDL Training: If you have no prior convictions for OWI, DUI, or DWI, you may be eligible for this program. This is a four-week paid training program in which you are hired on the first day and then get three weeks of on-the-job training with a supervisor. What a fantastic way to get into the trucking business!
- Inexperienced Driver: Are you new to the business? You are the right person for this position. It enables you to get hands-on trucking experience to complement what you’ve studied in class. Inexperienced truck drivers are enrolled in a Safety and Job Skills Truck Driver program in order to get them on the road as soon as possible and in the safest possible way.
- Warehouse Specialist: Stores, retrieves, and assists in the stocking of Roehl’s trucking line’s products. Prior office or warehouse experience is preferred but not necessary for this job. If you aren’t interested in trucking employment, this is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door.
- Entry-Level Technician: If you want to work on automobiles or trucks, this is the job for you. It is not essential to have prior experience to apply since they will train you. If you need anything less conventional, this job offers a flexible schedule.
With a felony, how can you obtain a job with Roehl Transport?
To begin, select what job you want to apply for: A job that requires driving or that does not need driving.
If you have any OWI, DUI, or DWI crimes, you will be asked throughout the application process. It will also inquire about your ability to pass a hair follicle test.
Start with the non-driving jobs page if you can’t obtain a CDL. Job descriptions for Warehouse Specialist and Entry-Level Technician may be found there.
When preparing your CV, have those descriptions handy! A lot of individuals send the same resume to every job they apply for. Customizing your CV will put you ahead of the competition. “How does this individual fit into this job?” will not be a concern for the interviewer. You’ll just demonstrate.
So you’ve got a normal driver’s license and a spotless driving record? Great. Maybe you wish to obtain your CDL or are already working on it. Also really nice. Go directly to the application for a CDL truck driver. It may seem strange to apply before doing further investigation. Roehl, on the other hand, is a serious businessman. They will start you with a conditional employment offer if you fulfill the requirements!
Let’s suppose you don’t have a driver’s license and want to work as an Entry-Level Technician. Begin with your prior experience. If you have any expertise with maintenance, be sure to mention it first. If you don’t have any maintenance experience, provide any “hands-on” experience that demonstrates your mechanical aptitude.
They want to know you can spin a wrench so you can start working on more complex projects. Keep this in mind when you outline your qualifications.
On every application, you will be asked to detail your work experience over the previous three years. If you have any breaks in work, you may choose various categories such as “student” or “infirmity.”
Roehl Transport has a long list of values that they wish their employees to possess. These are useful to know in order to personalize your app. Here are a few of good examples:
- Customer Service: Keeping customers satisfied is a top concern for the company. On your CV, this may indicate that you worked beyond hours to ensure that critical shipments were delivered on schedule. Demonstrate how you have prioritized client requirements in previous positions to demonstrate your customer service mindset to the interviewer.
- Accountability entails accepting responsibility for one’s actions, which includes one’s job. If you’ve ever been in charge of inventory or worked at a cash register, you’ve shown responsibility. It was up to you to execute the tasks honestly, and if errors were made, you were to blame. Make sure them know if you have a flawless attendance record! Employers prize workers who will be on time, every time.
If you get an interview, make it clear to the interviewer that you value safety and customer service. Share compelling tales that demonstrate these characteristics.
If you have appropriate experience and a positive attitude, you should have a decent chance of getting a position with Roehl Transport.
Is it true that Roehl Transport does background checks?
You must pass a background check before being employed. Background checks are available via Roehl Transport. Right on their application, it states so.
While the application does not inquire about your overall criminal history, it does inquire about DWI, OWI, or DUI convictions.
What you should know about background checks is as follows:
You’re in luck if you live in one of the following states. If you have a criminal record that is seven years old or older, they will not check into it:
- The state of New Hampshire
- *New York City
(* Certain wage or income bracket jobs may need one.)
Even better, if you live in one of the following states, a background check won’t reveal any crimes or misdemeanors for which you were found not guilty:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (limited check)
- New York
Background checks are most thorough in the states on this list. They contain all charges you’ve faced, even those for which you’ve been found not guilty:
- Indiana is a state in the United States (extensive check)
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
On Glassdoor.com, Roehl Transport received an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Employees appreciated the scheduling flexibility. Because truckers spend so much time away from home, they also have a lot of time at home! However, some workers have claimed that they may get overworked, putting their safety at risk.
Despite this, 71% of workers said they would suggest the job to a friend.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Due to the driving aspect of the work, DWI, OWI, or DUI crimes may immediately prohibit you from being employed. This may also be an issue for warehouse employment, since forklift certification may be required for warehouse roles.
Convictions for felony distribution of a controlled drug may potentially cause issues. Roehl may be concerned that the trucking routes will be exploited to smuggle goods.
Finally, serious violent offenses may result in your disqualification. Roehl Transport will want to ensure that its supply chain partners are safe.
Is Roehl Transport a drug-testing company?
Pre-employment drug testing is done by Roehl Transport. Their compensated CDL training program, as well as their driving and warehousing employment, need them to pass this drug test. They’ll test your pee as well as your hair follicles.
This implies you must be sober for at least six months before applying – their application specifies this.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
Has anybody with a felony been able to obtain a job with Roehl Transport? Do you have any further questions or comments? Please share them in the comments section!
Roehl Transport is a company that hires felons. In 2021, the question does roehl transport hire felons was asked on Quora. Reference: roehl transport reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Roehl do background checks?
Yes, Roehl does background checks on all of their employees.
What trucking companies will hire felons?
There are many companies that will hire felons, but it is best to contact them directly.
What delivery service hires felons?
The United States Postal Service.
- roehl transport dedicated routes
- does may trucking hire felons
- what does roehl transport haul
- roehl transport contract
- trucking companies that hire high risk drivers