Precision Castparts has been on the market since 1957, and is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of aerospace components. The company has seen a dip in sales recently, with some speculating that it may be due to its hiring practices.
Precision Castparts, Inc. is an American manufacturing company with headquarters in Dallas, Texas. The company was founded in 1946 and manufactures metal castings for use in the automotive, aerospace, construction, energy infrastructure and other industries.
Have you considered working at a manufacturing facility? Whether that’s the case, you may be asking if Precision Castparts employs criminals. If that’s the case, how can I obtain a job with Precision Castparts with a felony on my record?
That is, after all, what we will discover together.
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) manufactures sophisticated metal components and products all over the globe. Almost every plane in the skies has a PCC component. As a global corporation, you’d think they’d have employment for criminals… right?
Our aim at Successful Release is to assist ex-offenders improve their chances of finding work after a felony conviction. We are well aware of how tough the job may be. After all, the majority of us have criminal histories. That’s why we contacted Precision Castparts directly to inquire about their employment policy for ex-offenders.
We also discovered the answers to the following crucial questions:
- What are the hiring policies at Precision Castparts?
- Has Precision Castparts ever employed a convicted felon?
- Is it true that Precision Castparts hires individuals with criminal records?
- What is the best way to go about applying?
- Is it true that Precision Castparts does background checks?
Is it true that Precision Castparts employs felons?
Hiring convicts is against the company’s official policy.
PCC’s response when approached was as follows:
“We don’t have a policy that says you can’t work because you have a criminal conviction.”
They don’t have anything against it, but does Precision Castparts employ felons? Let’s keep researching to see what we can learn about getting a job with Precision Castparts while having a conviction.
Has Precision Castparts ever employed a convicted felon?
When we inquired about hiring criminals in the past, we were informed that PCC has done so in the past.
Is it true that Precision Castparts hires individuals with criminal records?
People with misdemeanors also have a difficult time obtaining work. We believe that since PCC hires criminals, they will also employ individuals with misdemeanors.
Is Precision Castparts on the list of companies that should be banned?
Have you heard of the “Ban the Box” movement? The goal of this effort was to get inquiries regarding criminal histories removed from job applications. It ensures that people with criminal records have a fair shot at finding work based on their abilities rather than their criminal records.
The Fair Chance Business Pledge is another useful resource. Companies that sign the Pledge are committed to treating all applicants fairly, including those with a criminal record.
Despite the fact that PCC has not committed to joining the Pledge or being on the list, they are ready to employ criminals despite their criminal histories!
Is there an employment program for convicts at Precision Castparts?
Because of the growing number of people with criminal records, several businesses have developed programs especially for criminals. PCC informed us that none of these programs are available.
Additionally, there are initiatives available to businesses that urge them to employ ex-offenders. One of these initiatives is the Federal Bonding Program. They provide tax breaks to businesses for employing individuals with criminal histories.
What are the chances of someone with a felony getting a job?
Former felons have a good chance of being employed at PCC. Their own HR representative said that they had previously employed criminals, and we have additional stories from former felons confirming this.
What are some examples of entry-level positions?
With a felony, the best way to obtain a job at Precision Castparts is to start from the bottom. Begin at the bottom and work your way to the top!
Let’s have a look at a couple of them to see what they need.
- Packaging Operator, Entry-Level — This job needs good eyesight as well as the ability to read, write, and communicate English. Communication and basic numeracy abilities are required. This position also requires a high school diploma and basic computer abilities. No prior experience is required.
- Entry-Level Cable Technician — No prior experience is required for this position. On-the-job training is available. You must be 18 years old and have your own transportation as well as a valid driver’s license.
- Machinist – A basic understanding of tools is required. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds is required. Basic hand tool expertise, such as with saws and drills, is recommended. This job does not require any prior experience or education.
As you can see, PCC offers a diverse range of entry-level positions that need little or no prior experience. So, let’s keep exploring to discover how Precision Castparts can employ you.
With a felony, how can you get employed at Precision Castparts?
PCC has already said that they would employ people who have previously been convicted of a crime, but what is the best method to be hired? We suggest that you follow the steps below:
- Start by doing some research on the business. Check to see whether this is a place where you’d want to work. Examine all of your options to determine which ones you qualify for.
- Résumé – Make sure your resume is up to date and includes all of your relevant abilities for the position. Before submitting your CV, have a buddy check it carefully. An additional pair of eyes is usually beneficial. Because most applications need you to upload your résumé, it is preferable to have it ready before you submit an application.
- Application – Be truthful in your listing of abilities and experience that are relevant to the position for which you are seeking. PCC makes it obvious that each job’s criteria are posted for a purpose, so be sure you’re not applying for a position for which you don’t qualify. Also, nothing should be left blank. If you don’t know the answer to a question, write N/A next to it. Filling out a form shows that you took the time to read it and did not rush through the application.
- Interview – Make sure you come early for your interview; typically 10-15 minutes is plenty. Make sure you’re tidy and well-dressed. Have three or four copies of your resume on hand at all times. Because you may be interviewed by more than one person, it is always better to be overprepared. Keep your gum or sweets out of your mouth. You must be able to communicate effectively. Most essential, while chatting with an interviewer, always, always, always look them in the eyes. Try to come up with a few questions of your own about the job or the business. This demonstrates that you are interested.
At the start and conclusion of the interview, thank them for taking the time to see you with a strong handshake.
- Follow-up call – Following up on an interview with a phone call is usually a smart idea. This also demonstrates attention and keeps your name in front of them.
Is it true that Precision Castparts does background checks?
Yes, but they don’t make it obvious when the check is really done. They explained:
“We perform background checks for the last seven years, taking into account the freshness of the conviction as well as any possible connection to the job” (i.e., DUI applying for Driver). We also anticipate disclosure after the offer and before the background check report is completed.”
The PCC inquires about your criminal past. As a result, we advise informing them during the interview. Remove it from the equation! We know they’ve employed criminals before, so you’ve got a good chance of obtaining the job. This makes you seem open and honest, which may speak volumes about your character and help you get the job.
Something to think about when it comes to background checks:
Many states now only consider an offense if it occurred within the last seven years.
These are the states in question:
- New Hampshire is a state in the United States.
- New York
The eight states listed below do not consider anything for which you have not been convicted:
- New York
Unfortunately, some nations continue to scrutinize everything. These are the states in question:
- New Jersey is a state in the United States.
- North Carolina is a state in the United States.
- North Dakota is a state in North America.
- Rhode Island is a state in the United States.
- South Carolina is a state in the United States.
- West Virginia is a state in the US.
Ratings for businesses
We looked into PCC’s Glassdoor and Indeed ratings. They received a 3.1 out of 5 star rating on each site. The advantages provided by PCC received excellent ratings after reading numerous reviews on each site. Long hours and frequent layoffs were the most prevalent complaints.
What kinds of criminal convictions may make it difficult to be employed here?
Violent crime, drug addiction, and even thievery are examples of crimes that they may investigate further. Because the materials used and the equipment used are costly and potentially hazardous, your background will be scrutinized more closely if it pertains to the position you’re looking for or indicates you can’t be trusted.
Is Precision Castings a drug-free workplace?
There was nothing in our study that suggested whether or not a drug test would be conducted. We believe a drug screen is probable based on the materials generated and the techniques utilized. As usual, we recommend planning ahead… just in case.
Have you applied for or worked at this location? Let us know about your experiences!
So, how much do you know about working or getting a job at PCC if you have a felony? Please notify us!
Precision Castparts has been in the news recently, due to their decision to hire felons. However, it is unknown if they will continue this practice in 2021. Reference: precision castparts revenue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Quest Diagnostics hire felons?
Yes, they do.
Where can I get a job with a felony?
It is very difficult to obtain a job with a felony. You may want to consider looking for work in the hospitality industry, where employers are less likely to require background checks.
Do tech companies hire felons?
- precision castparts news 2021
- precision castparts benefits
- precision castparts berkshire hathaway
- precision castparts stock
- precision castparts phone number