WordPress is a content management system that powers blogs and websites. It is one of the most popular blogging platforms on the internet, with over 60 million websites running it. Siteground offers customers a free domain name for life, as well as a host of features to help you get started.
The how to write blog in wordpress is a blog that will show you how to start your own WordPress blog.
Do you want to create a blog but aren’t sure where to begin?
For newcomers, starting a blog from the ground up may be difficult. It may be difficult to choose the appropriate domain name or which hosting provider to utilize. We understand!
But it’s not as difficult as you would imagine.
Even if you’re not computer smart or don’t know how to code, a web host like Siteground has made it easy to run your own blog.
You may also start earning money from blogging for as low as $3.95 per month with Siteground (I got the price down for you).
In this article, I’ll teach you how to establish a blog using simple screenshots and step-by-step textual directions, as well as all of the advantages you can’t afford to miss!
Before we begin, it’s essential to understand the differences between free blogging platforms and WordPress.org, as well as why you should choose to host your own WordPress site.
There are many blogging systems available that allow you to start a blog for free (you do not need to purchase a domain name or hosting).
While the idea of establishing a free website without paying anything is appealing, it is something you should avoid at all costs. If you simply want to test blogging, see how the platform works, and do it for pleasure, I don’t see why you shouldn’t utilize a free blogging site.
If you’re serious about blogging and want to earn money from it, you’ll need a self-hosted site.
What is my recommendation? Always go for a WordPress blog that is self-hosted. You want to get started as soon as possible.
I’ve prepared a list of the major reasons why I believe utilizing free blogging platforms to construct your site is a poor decision.
1. You have no control over your blog.
You have no control over your own content or website. These free blogging platforms have a provision in them that allows them to remove your blog at any moment for any reason.
2. Inappropriate web address
The first thing your prospective visitors will notice is your website URL. A domain name like yourname.blogspot.com does not seem professional, making it difficult for visitors to take your site seriously. Having your own domain yourname.com is the first step in establishing a good online reputation.
You’ll have restricted design options and a small selection of low-quality templates to pick from with free websites. You won’t be able to modify your site or add any of your own designs to your blog.
4. Low possibility for monetization
Unlike a self-hosted WordPress site, where you have complete control over how you monetize your blog, free websites have extremely restricted advertising choices. Some free blogging platforms don’t even enable you to use third-party advertisements. Many marketers and businesses will avoid interacting with bloggers that post on public forums.
You may learn more about why you should pay for blog hosting by clicking here.
1. Siteground is a dependable web hosting service. Siteground is one of just three hosting providers recommended by WordPress among the tens of thousands of web hosts available.
2. They offer top-notch security and speed solutions to make your WordPress site as quick, reliable, and safe as possible, thanks to their own in-house technology.
3. It is EXTREMELY CHEAP. For less than $4.00 per month, Siteground provides a quality hosting solution.
4. Siteground provides a discounted Student Hosting Plan. You may create a professional website for $1.99/month if you’re a college student or instructor. You’ll get all of the Startup plan’s advantages and features for half the price!
5. They provide excellent customer service. The very quick, polite, and competent assistance is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through live chat, tickets, email, or phone. Ticket help can fix the majority of technical issues. If not, an expert will be assigned to your problems.
6. Your site will get a free SSL certificate. The basic SSL is preinstalled on your WordPress for all hosting levels. This indicates that your website is safe since the “HTTPS” prefix has been applied to your domain name. Giving your clients an additional degree of protection.
7. There is no charge for website transfer. If you wish to move your WordPress website or blog from another hosting provider, Siteground can do it for you at NO EXTRA COST. This site transfer is flawless, with all of your website’s contents, files, and database being moved to SiteGround automatically.
8. Every cloud and shared hosting plan includes a FREE daily backup. Backups are carried out on a daily basis automatically. There’s no need to be concerned about data loss.
9. WordPress is available for free on Siteground. For your WordPress blog, Siteground is explicitly recommended by WordPress!
10. You have the option of hosting your own website. You maintain complete control of your website. You may also begin customizing and monetizing your blog.
11. Siteground provides a money-back guarantee of 30 days. You may now begin utilizing Siteground plan with no risk. If you decide during the first 30 days that it is not what you desire, you may get your money back, no questions asked! I’m available to assist if you have any questions or problems with Siteground, and you can reach out to me here.
12. It’s extremely easy to use. By following the instructions below, you can quickly build a genuine, functioning site in minutes with the “1-Click WordPress installation.” There is no need for technical expertise.
Siteground is one of the finest hosting companies on the market, according to personal experience and the opinions of numerous bloggers and reviewers at WordPress.org.
According to their yearly poll, 98 percent of respondents are satisfied with Siteground’s service and would recommend it to others.
What’s the greatest part? With this unique offer, you can save a staggering 66 percent on Siteground’s shared hosting options.
Are you prepared to begin?
Go to Siteground’s official website to create a WordPress blog.
You’ve arrived at the landing page, where you’ll find a few basic hosting choices.
The goal of this article is to help you set up a self-hosted WordPress blog. Continue by going to WordPress Hosting and clicking the “Get started” option.
Siteground provides three distinct hosting packages, as you can see, depending on your requirements and budget:
- StartUp – Prices start at $3.95 per month.
- Start at $5.95 per month with GrowBig.
- GoGeek – Prices start at $11.95 per month.
In terms of the plan, I recommend starting with the cheapest option available; you can always increase as your website develops.
If you’re just getting started and just maintain one site, the Startup plan is less than $4 per month.
The startup hosting plan is ideal for those who are just starting out and have a limited budget.
GrowBig (Ideal Seller) is the best option for you if you intend to have many blogs. You may host an infinite number of websites on Siteground for an additional $2.
And, due of the SuperCacher function, I would suggest GrowBig (if feasible).
Supercacher is a strong caching solution that improves the performance of your website and speeds up its loading time. In a nutshell, your blog will be able to withstand heavy traffic and load more quickly!
GoGeek is the ideal hosting plan for you if you want to establish an e-commerce site or if you currently have a lot of monthly blog traffic and want to move from another host.
By now, you should have a good idea of which Siteground hosting package is best for you.
Choose the hosting plan that best fits your needs and click the “Get Plan” button.
2. Get a domain name
The next step is to choose a domain name for your website or blog. It’s such an essential step that you should start doing it right away.
If you decide to alter it later, it may be a big pain. This will not only cost you money, but it will also have an impact on your SEO rankings and brand reputation.
Choosing a domain name for your blog may be difficult, but if you follow these guidelines, it will be lot simpler.
Choosing a Domain Name: Some Pointers
- Keep your domain name short, simple, and memorable. However, the majority of the short domain names have already been claimed. This domain name generator may help you convert your ideas into new, accessible domains.
- Make it simple to say, spell, and type.
- Numbers, duplicated letters, hyphens, acronyms, and lengthy and complicated names should all be avoided. You don’t want your visitors to enter your domain incorrectly and wind up on another website, resulting in traffic loss.
- Choose.com over other extensions such as.org,.net,.info, and.biz. According to Registrar Stats, “.com” is used in over 75% of domains, followed by “.net” and “.org.” “.com” is more recognizable and simpler to recall.
- Always consider the long term. Choose a name that reflects your beliefs, advantages, and long-term objectives, since your domain name is the basis of your internet brand and identity.
- In your domain, include keywords relevant to your company. This may help you boost your SEO and get a better Google ranking. However, use it with care since you don’t want it to seem spammy or generic.
To register a new domain with Siteground, just type it in the box and click “Proceed” to see whether it is available.
Select “I already have a Domain” and input your domain to continue if you already have a domain that you bought elsewhere and wish to use with Siteground.
Although you may register a name using an external provider like NameCheap and host it on Siteground, you’ll need to move your domain to your web hosting account as well.
You’ll need to go into your NameCheap account and change your DNS Nameservers to link your current domain to your Siteground hosting server.
Each domain registrar, however, has a unique control panel interface. Simply contact Siteground’s support staff if you’re unsure how to proceed. They’ll walk you through the process of setting it up on the backend.
If you need more assistance, see our Siteground lesson on the subject.
If you don’t already have a domain, I strongly advise you to register one and host it at the same time. Siteground will take care of everything for you this way.
3. Go through the Siteground order form and fill it out completely.
You’re almost there.
To continue, you’ll need to provide your personal information, contact information, and billing information.
Then scroll down the page to the area under “Purchase details.”
(a) Duration of Hosting
Unlike many other hosting companies, we don’t only provide the cheapest monthly rate for the longest length of time. What sets Siteground apart from the competition is that you may receive the best deal regardless of the initial periods you choose during the sign-up process.
To save the most money, I suggest getting a hosting package for two or three years. Because you’ll have to pay your next bill at the normal rate.
You are not required to make comparisons with other hosting providers. It’s the same with all of the other major web hosts out there, who only give a discount on the first bill.
In other words, if you renew your plan, you will not get a discount.
If you purchase the Startup hosting plan for a year (at just $3.95/month), for example, the discount is only valid for the first year. As a result, you’ll have to pay full price ($11.95/month) for the second year when you renew. That implies that just selecting the longer term will save you $96 each year.
Do you want to receive the greatest deal and save money?
Regardless of whatever hosting package you choose, choose a 36-month term.
Data Center (b)
Iowa, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, and Singapore are among the five server locations available.
If you didn’t know, the location of your hosting data center has a significant impact on the performance and stability of your website.
So, for quicker loading times, choose the data center that is nearest to your visitors.
c) Additional Services
You may customize your blog by adding additional features below.
- Domain Privacy: If you want to keep your personal information private online, such as your phone number, email address, and address, you should obtain Domain Privacy.
- SG Site Scanner: This strong security tool will provide you with piece of mind by monitoring and protecting your website from hackers.
Simply select the box to get the additional services you want. Click “Pay Now” once you’ve finished the Siteground ordering form.
4. Download and install WordPress.
You’ve just completed the creation of your own website. The first step is to download and install WordPress.
You have the option of having the Siteground staff put it up for you or doing it yourself in a few easy steps.
Simply go to Live Chat and give them your login credentials to contact the Siteground staff. They’ll finish it in 10-15 minutes.
However, I believe it is better if you can do it yourself. It will increase your self-assurance quickly, particularly if you’re new to blogging.
Installing WordPress is a very easy and uncomplicated procedure. To begin installing your WordPress blog, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your SiteGround hosting account and log in.
2. Click “Go to cPanel” under “My Account.”
3. In the “Autoinstallers” box, choose WordPress.
4. Select the domain name for which you wish to install WordPress.
5. Type in the name of your website, as well as the admin user name and password. Then choose “Install.”
That is all there is to it. WordPress will be installed for you by Siteground.
Go to your WordPress dashboard (yourdomain.com/wp-admin) after the installation is complete. Use the admin account and password you established during the WordPress installation process to log in.
That concludes our discussion. You now have a WordPress blog of your own. Log in to your WordPress dashboard, choose a gorgeous blog theme, and start blogging!
Based on your niches, here are a few professional multipurpose WordPress themes with extensive features and excellent 24/7 support:
Take a look at this list of the best ten free WordPress plugins for your blog.
Do you have no idea how to set up a WordPress plugin? To install your first plugin, follow this easy step-by-step instructions.
Remember to advertise your website on social media as well.
I also suggest ConvertKit if you want to grow your email list and deliver newsletters to your subscribers.
Best of luck!
I’m available to assist if you have any questions or problems with Siteground, and you can reach out to me here.
Do you have any reservations about not hosting your own blog?
Do you have any issues or questions about how to use Siteground to build your own blog? Please leave a remark below.
I’d like to point you that I’m a Siteground affiliate. If you buy anything via this or any of the links in this article, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. However, this has no bearing on my suggestion. Thank you all so much for your help!
The siteground tutorial is a guide that shows you how to start a WordPress blog. Siteground is an affordable hosting service with great features and customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is SiteGround good for WordPress?
How do I host a WordPress site on SiteGround?
WordPress is a free and open source content management system that powers over 28% of the internet. It has been downloaded more than 200 million times, making it one of the most popular platforms in use today.
How do I start a 2020 blog on WordPress?
To start a blog, you need to first create an account and then go into the settings and choose Blogging as your theme.
- siteground wordpress blog
- wordpress tutorial
- siteground woocommerce tutorial
- wordpress lectures
- what is wordpress