Pinterest is the social media platform for sharing and discovering content. It’s a great place to share your personal interests, but it can also be a good tool for promoting your business. The key to using Pinterest videos effectively is to make sure you have a clear call-to-action at the end of your video.
Pinterest videos are a great way to increase your exposure on the platform. You can use them for both personal and business purposes. Read more in detail here: how to pin videos on pinterest.
I’d like to point out that I’m a Tailwind affiliate. If you buy anything via this or any of the links in this article, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. However, this has no bearing on my suggestion. Thank you all so much for your help!
Are you already using videos into your Pinterest marketing plan for your small business?
There’s no denying that Pinterest is a strong visual search engine for driving visitors to your website, expanding your email list, and increasing sales.
The good news is that you can now post videos to Pinterest directly (and even auto-publish them with Tailwind) without running advertising. This video posting function was only accessible for promoted video pins prior to the newest Pinterest Update.
I decided to give it a go and made a little video for one of my blog articles. I didn’t bother to market it or post it to my group boards since it’s my first Pinterest video, and I don’t believe it’s good enough.
Surprisingly, the outcome is not at all what I had anticipated.
On both desktop and mobile, the video pin ranks naturally at the top of Pinterest search results.
My video pin is now ranked #3 in the Pinterest mobile app’s top searches.
On Pinterest desktop, the same video pin is the most popular search.
You may obtain an endless stream of free visitors to your site by carefully utilizing Pinterest videos. PLUS, high-quality, ready-to-buy traffic.
In this post, I’ll discuss the advantages of utilizing Pinterest video, as well as how to easily produce, publish, and schedule a video on Pinterest.
Is it really worth the time and effort to create a Pinterest video?
Why would you add video material to an already jam-packed schedule?
It’s a fantastic method to reuse your video content if you’re currently making videos for your website or social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook.
Simply add a captivating cover picture to the beginning of your current video or add your company logo to the conclusion, then submit it to your Pinterest account.
With little or no video editing abilities, you can easily produce and schedule a Pinterest video in just a few clicks, even if you’re new to videos. (I’ll go into more detail about this later.)
There are many reasons why every blogger should think about utilizing Pinterest video (or at least give it a shot):
1. Videos show at the top of the mobile search results on Pinterest.
On mobile, videos will always appear first at the top of your search results. This implies that when pinners look for goods, services, or inspirational ideas, video content will appear first at the top of the stream!
In addition, 80 percent of Pinterest users use their mobile devices to access the site on the move.
So, if you’re just utilizing regular pictures for Pinterest, you may be missing out on a lot of high-quality traffic that video pins might provide you for free.
More impressions, interactions, and clicks are all good things.
2. The Pinterest video function is still in its infancy.
Because so few companies have begun to use this video uploading service, ranking for popular keywords will be much easier for you. You can quickly rank at the top of Pinterest by simply uploading a video and include keywords in your pin description.
3. Videos on Pinterest have a longer shelf life.
Those that you post directly to Pinterest will have a longer shelf life than videos that you publish to other social media sites.
4. It can be searched.
To discover video-only content pins, use the keyword “video” in your search. This implies that if you don’t use video on Pinterest, pinners who select the video option will never view your material.
Here’s where you can learn more about the Pinterest video.
Before we get started, there are a few things you should be aware of.
To utilize this video posting feature, you’ll first need a Pinterest Business account. You have the option of creating a new business account or converting an existing personal profile to a business account. Here’s a link to my helpful guide.
The second step is to prepare your video material. It’s simple to make using Canva, PowerPoint, or Animoto.
Third, after you’ve uploaded your movie to Pinterest, it will be evaluated and, if approved, published (it usually takes up to 24hours).
Three simple methods to integrate video into your Pinterest approach are repurposing your YouTube films, Instagram stories, and making basic animated text videos.
When making a Pinterest video, make sure you follow the format and dimensions listed below:
- Type of file:.mp4,.mov, or.m4v
- Maximum file size: 2GB
- Video length: 4 seconds minimum, 15 minutes maximum
- Square (1:1) or vertical aspect ratios are recommended (9:16)
- Up to 100 characters for the title. You’ll need to add a title if you don’t have Rich Pin enabled. People will instead see your Pin description if you don’t do so.
- Up to 500 characters for the description. Because the first 50-60 characters are most likely to appear in people’s feeds, be sure to provide the most essential information first.
(1) Animoto – Video editing software that is completely automated.
There are a plethora of excellent video editing applications available, but the most of them require video editing expertise. Animoto, on the other hand, does not.
You can make a Pinterest video in less than 5 minutes if you know how to drag and drop.
To get you started, Animoto offers a large selection of customizable storyboard templates. Simply select a design, replace the example material with free stock pictures and video clips, and Animoto will take care of the rest. Easy.
The following is how it works:
1. Sign up for a free Animoto account.
2. On your Animoto dashboard, you’ll see a large number of video templates from which to pick. While you may make a movie from scratch, I suggest starting with one of their professionally created templates.
3. Choose the most appropriate template for your video.
4. You’ll be brought to the video editor, which is a drag-and-drop interface. You may either submit your own pictures and video clips or pick from Getty Images’ stock collection.
5. You can discover millions of free stock images, graphics, and films, as well as thousands of licensed audio tracks, for your video. Simply type a term into the search box, and it will display all related images and video clips for you to utilize.
6. Replace the example material in the template with your own to create a unique video.
7. Add text, alter font, color, size, backdrop, music, and branding to your video. You may also change the duration of your video. Remember to save all of your modifications.
Remember to include a text overlay in your video. Unless the user chooses to enable audio, videos on Pinterest will play without sound.
8. When you’re through editing, click “Preview” to see your video in its final form. Give your movie a name and a cover picture (if desired), then click “Finish” to create your Pinterest video.
9. Save your video as an MP4 file.
Canva is another simple method to make a Pinterest video. Create your pin in Canva as normal, then save it as a video (MP4).
- To begin creating your pin pictures, click “Create a design.”
- After you’ve finished editing, go to your Canva account’s top-right corner and select “Download.”
- Choose Video and the pages you’d want to include in your video.
- That is all there is to it. In a few seconds, your video will be ready.
By choosing “Animated (MP4/GIF)” in Canva Pro (paid), you can quickly convert a static picture into an animated GIF or movie.
Let’s post your video on Pinterest now that you’ve finished it.
Adding a video to Pinterest is the same as submitting a photo! It’s a simple and uncomplicated process.
- Go to your Pinterest Business account and sign in.
- Select “Create Pin” from the red plus (+) symbol in the upper right corner of your screen.
- To upload a video, drag and drop it or click it.
- In your pin description, add SEO-friendly keywords, hashtags, and a destination URL.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the most relevant Board.
- To obtain permission for publishing, click “Publish immediately.”
Schedule your video Pins to Pinterest using Tailwind to save time and get the greatest results.
Tailwind is the greatest Pinterest marketing tool because it enables you to plan pins in bulk for days, weeks, and even months. Tailwind just released a new “Pinterest Video Publishing” tool that allows you to plan and auto-publish videos to Pinterest.
Your video pins will be automatically posted at the recommended optimal time for maximum interaction.
The following is how it works:
1. Go to your Tailwind account and sign in. Sign up for a free account here if you don’t already have one.
2. At the top of your Tailwind dashboard, you’ll see a notification message. To begin publishing video pins with Tailwind, choose the “Enable Video Publishing” option.
3. A pop-up message will display on your screen with the video posting information. After reading it, click “I Agree, Let’s Go!” to proceed.
4. Now you can use the same technique to schedule video pins as you did for picture pins. Check out my practical guide. How to Auto-schedule Using Tailwind Your Blog Articles
4. Go to “Publisher” > “Schedule Pins” in Tailwind to schedule video. Select “Upload Photos/Video” from the “Create New Pin” menu.
5. After that, submit a video to Tailwind. Select your Pinterest boards, add a description for each pin, and then click “Add to queue.”
6. That’s all there is to it. Before it goes online, your video will be evaluated. You’ll get an email notice as soon as your video pin is live.
You should now be able to simply utilize Pinterest videos to increase your visibility and generate visitors to your website or blog.
Using videos on Pinterest will almost certainly increase impressions and engagement. However, clicks do not necessarily follow impressions.
The trick is to not give away too much information in your video and to add a hook or call to action, such as “Click here,” to entice visitors to visit your website.
- Create a Pinterest account for your business.
- Use Canva or Animoto to make a video.
- Directly upload your video to Pinterest.
- With Tailwind, you can schedule your video to appear on group boards automatically.
- Keep track of your video’s performance and evaluate it.
Would you consider including video into your Pinterest strategy? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
Do you have any video tips for Pinterest that you’d like to share with us? Please leave a remark below.
Finally, if you found this article useful, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
A short share from you would be very beneficial to the development of this site.
Thank you a lot!
Here are a couple more stories that I think you should check out next:
I eat, sleep, and breathe earning money online.
Soon, I’ll be providing additional ideas and guidance. Keep an eye out for updates.
Sign up for my emails and a free magazine subscription here if you haven’t already.
Pinterest videos are a great way to get your content seen by people on the site. But, they can be difficult to use. To make the most of your video content, you should have it optimized for maximum exposure. Reference: video content on pinterest.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I maximize my exposure on Pinterest?
The most important thing you can do to maximize your exposure on Pinterest is to create a board that has a lot of followers. You also want to use the right hashtags in your pins and engage with other members on the site.
Do videos perform well on Pinterest?
Yes, they do. Videos perform very well on Pinterest.
How use Pinterest effectively?
Pinterest is a website that allows users to share and discover content on the internet. It is one of the most popular social media websites in the world today, with over 100 million active monthly users.
- how to promote youtube videos on pinterest
- simple pin media video pins
- making video pins
- best way to use pinterest
- pinterest video post specs