Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have been on a tear, but not everyone has the time or resources to get their hands on some digital cash. Here are 7 ways you can spend your bitcoin and altcoins.
The next cryptocurrency to explode 2021 is a topic that many people are interested in. There are 7 ways to spend your bitcoin and altcoins.
Did you know that you can use your bitcoins and altcoins in your crypto wallet to make purchases exactly as you would with a credit card or cash?
Yes, you certainly can!
Bitcoin isn’t simply a money, a commodity, or a get-rich-quick scam, in fact.
Bitcoin has the ability to completely transform the way we conduct business, trade, and live.
Whether you despise or adore Bitcoin, think it will reach widespread acceptance or is doomed to fail, one thing we can’t dispute is that right now, anybody can buy, trade, and spend Bitcoin anywhere in the globe without going through a middleman or paying excessive fees.
As more people get interested in bitcoins, I’m pleased to see more businesses begin to accept cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.
Fun fact: The first real-world bitcoin transaction occurred in 2010, when 10,000 bitcoins were used to purchase two pizzas. 10,000 bitcoins were valued approximately $41 at the time. 10,000 bitcoins are now worth $118 million!
So, instead of spending fiat money, why would you want to spend Bitcoin (which is likely to increase in value)?
No, you are not required to do so.
You’d HOLD Bitcoin to the moon if you really understood the technology underlying it!
With that stated, it’s always useful to be aware of the many methods in which you may spend your Bitcoin. Not only that, but you can now start selling goods on platforms like OpenBazaar and earn Bitcoin.
In this post, I’ve collected seven unique methods to spend Bitcoin as simply as a credit card, as well as the goods you may buy with it.
Before you can buy online with Bitcoin, you must first have some bitcoins.
Buying bitcoins using fiat money on cryptocurrency exchanges is the simplest method to get Bitcoin.
If you aren’t ready to spend your hard-earned money in Bitcoin, you may earn small fractions of bitcoins by performing microtasks, trading, and mining in your free time.
After that, create a crypto wallet to store your bitcoins and altcoins.
Purse is an online marketplace that links buyers and sellers of Amazon gift cards. It’s the place to go if you’re looking for the greatest online bargains!
If you pay with Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash on Purse, you may save 5% to 33% as a consumer.
With the assistance of Purse, there are two primary methods to obtain the best Amazon discounts.
- Install the Purse Chrome extension: Once the Purse extension is installed, you may buy on Amazon as normal, then click the Purse button to add goods to your cart. Once you’ve completed your order, an Earner will buy it on Amazon.
- Import Amazon Wish List: If you don’t have the Purse Chrome extension, you can still get the discount by establishing an Amazon wishlist and then copying the link into Purse.
Purse also offers a unique feature called “Name your own discount,” which enables you to create your own discount if you want to get a better deal.
Please keep in mind that orders with larger discounts may take longer to complete. Purse will immediately execute your transaction if you choose the lowest price of 5%, and you can expect to get your item in 2-6 days.
If you have an unused Amazon Gift Card, you can sell it for bitcoins here.
Related: (#19 is my favorite) 28 Proven Ways to Earn Amazon Gift Cards Every Month
Bittrefill makes it simple and feasible to spend Bitcoin (BTC) and other cryptocurrencies, even if the retailer’s website does not accept bitcoin directly.
All you have to do is use your bitcoin or altcoins to buy gift cards from 750+ enabled businesses, or use Bitrefill to top up your prepaid phone from 900+ carriers. Then use your gift cards to shop on those retailer’s websites.
Let’s look at how it works in more detail:
- Simply pick a product or gift card, input the desired amount, and choose a cryptocurrency to pay with.
- Please make a payment. Bitrefill accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and Dash, among other cryptocurrencies.
- Your gift card number will be sent to you after your payment has been verified. You may then redeem it on a specific website or use it to top up your phone.
You may use gift cards in over 170 countries and in a few different categories, such as:
Furthermore, Bitrefill is the market leader in Lightning Network adoption for fast payment, allowing you to pay with Lightning straight from the app.
Sellers may now install a new wallet, create an account on their node, order an incoming channel, and start receiving payments at lightning speeds thanks to Thor, their Lightning Network channel.
When you buy online, Lolli is a Chrome plugin that enables you to spend and earn Bitcoin at the same time!
When you buy anything from one of the 500+ major companies including Walmart, Priceline, Groupon, Hotels.com, Hilton, GoDaddy, Barnes&Noble, Casper, Noble, Vrbo, Sephora, Overstock, lululemon, Old Navy, and more, you may get up to 30% cashback in bitcoins.
The following is how it works:
- Install the Lolli Chrome extension on your browser.
- As you browse the web, Lolli will appear to inform you of the amount of Bitcoin you may earn back.
- Purchase anything you were going to purchase as usual.
- When you use Lolli to pay for anything, you’ll get free Bitcoin.
Are you interested in blogging for a living, building a personal brand, or running an online store?
Then you could use your Bitcoin to buy an inexpensive hosting package and a domain name.
Starting a blog is the best way to put your bitcoins to good use.
Hostinger is one of the most well-known hosting businesses to get on the cryptocurrency bandwagon and accept Bitcoin as payment for their services.
Despite ongoing price volatility and regulatory uncertainty, Hostinger remains strong in their commitment to take Bitcoin, with the goal of empowering millions across the globe by offering affordable web hosting options to young web developers, talents, and the unbanked.
Other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Komodo, MaidSafeCoin, PotCoi, Qtum, and USD Tether may also be used to pay for Hostinger services.
OpenBazaar is a Bitcoin-powered online marketplace that will revolutionize the existing e-commerce paradigm.
You may purchase anything from international music, games, and movies to art, clothing, local cuisine and drinks, and unique and hard-to-find goods.
You can not only buy, communicate, and transfer crypto anonymously, but you can also open and operate a bitcoin-accepting online business.
OpenBazaar features a unique “Multisignature escrow” function that enables dispute resolution to assist you prevent fraud or scams.
What distinguishes OpenBazaar from multi-vendor marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Shopify?
OpenBazaar is a peer-to-peer program that is free, decentralized, and does not need the use of intermediaries.
In essence, OpenBazaar is not a business. There is no one who owns or controls it. It’s open-source software that serves as a platform for buyers and sellers to connect.
Unlike traditional e-commerce sites such as Amazon, OpenBazaar does not charge a fee to sell anything on its marketplace.
There are no platform fees, regulations, or constraints. On the free online marketplace, anybody may open a shop and sell anything to anyone.
You may opt to accept payments in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, or Zcash for each sale you make.
Furthermore, OpenBazaar does not gather your personal information, credit card information, or bank account information. In fact, you don’t have to disclose any of your personal information in order to utilize it.
Say goodbye to centralized e-Commerce sites like Amazon, which track, study, and influence your purchasing habits.
What is the mechanism behind it?
Because it is open-source software, you must first download it to your computer before using it.
It is available for download and usage at no cost.
- OpenBazaar may be downloaded and installed on your PC.
- After you’ve installed it, you can use the software’s search engine to begin exploring items. Filter by shipping location, listing type, rating, condition, and a variety of other factors.
- Before you purchase, you may have a live chat with the seller if you have any questions.
- Make a purchase and deposit bitcoins into an escrow account.
- That is all there is to it. Wait for your order to be delivered.
If you want to shop on your phone, they have an app called Haven that you can download. It’s available for download on both the App Store and Google Play.
As you can see, this may provide both sellers and consumers greater flexibility and privacy, but it also comes with a lot of responsibility for all of your transactions and data.
Related: 10 Decentralized Apps You Should Use Right Now!
While some travel companies, such as Expedia, have discreetly ceased taking Bitcoin, crypto startups like TravelbyBit have stepped in to fill the void by accepting cryptocurrency as payment for hotels, flights, and travel experiences.
Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, has invested in TravelbyBit to help the Australian company extend its crypto point-of-sale (POS) payment system to airports across the globe.
The booking tool for travel is extremely simple to use. Enter your destination, travel date, and number of passengers, then hit the search button. All relevant results will be shown automatically by TravelbyBit. You may go through the list and filter it based on price and rating. After you’ve verified your identity, you can continue to input your billing address and choose a payment option.
All bookings are now accepted in Bitcoin, Binance coin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
One of TravelbyBit’s best features is that it keeps track of all forthcoming Blockchain events, conferences, and summits. Even better, their knowledgeable travel consultants will assist you in planning your vacation, including transportation and hotel accommodations. All you have to do is submit a request and make a Bitcoin payment.
Do you want to make a Bitcoin purchase on Amazon?
Despite the fact that Amazon does not accept Bitcoin as a payment option, you may now use Moon to spend your bitcoin straight on Amazon.
Moon is a browser plugin that enables you to purchase for cryptocurrencies online.
The following is how it works:
- Install the Moon browser extension. Chrome, Opera, and Brave Browser all support it.
- Moon will then prompt you to establish an account. You may sign up with either your email address or your Facebook/Google account.
- You may now shop as normal on Amazon. (At the present, only Amazon is supported; Moon has plans to add additional big e-commerce websites to their services, such as eBay, Ali Express, and Targe.) Keep an eye out.)
- Simply choose “Pay with Moon” throughout the checkout procedure. You’ll see how many bitcoins you’ll need to pay in total.
- Pay quickly with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, and Bitcoin Cash through Lightning Network or from your Coinbase account.
- That is all there is to it. Amazon will ship your goods to you.
What’s the greatest part?
It is completely free to use.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. However, it will provide you with sufficient information on where you may spend your Bitcoin and altcoins.
- Purse– Use Bitcoin to pay for anything on Amazon and save 5–33%.
- Buy Gift Cards or Mobile Refills with Bitcoin at Bitrefill.
- Lolli– When you buy online, you may earn free bitcoins.
- Hostinger – Use Bitcoin to start a blog or website.
- TravelbyBit is a website that allows you to book flights and accommodations using cryptocurrency.
- OpenBazaar is a peer-to-peer eCommerce platform that allows users to purchase and sell goods and services.
- Moon is a browser plugin that allows you to buy on Amazon using Bitcoin.
What are your favorite places to spend your bitcoins? In the comments area below, please share your advice or experiences.
Finally, if you like this article, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Next, I’ve selected a few books for you to read:
I eat, sleep, and breathe earning money online.
Soon, I’ll be providing additional ideas and guidance. Keep an eye out for updates.
Sign up for my emails and a free magazine subscription here if you haven’t already.
The cryptocurrency market is a new and exciting world. There are many ways to spend your Bitcoin and Altcoins, but these 7 methods will give you the best bang for your buck.
- best cryptocurrency to invest in 2021
- how to invest in cryptocurrency
- cryptocurrency news
- types of cryptocurrency
- how cryptocurrency works