The Corona Financial Crisis is a financial crisis that started in the summer of 2018 and has been ongoing ever since. It has caused many people to lose their jobs, but there are ways to survive this crisis without losing your home or other important possessions.
The i lost my job due to covid-19 now what is a question that many people are asking. There are many ways to survive unemployment during the Corona Financial Crisis.
We’re all trapped at home since times are difficult, money is scarce, and we’re all broke.
Because to voluntary quarantines and government-enforced lockdowns, the majority of the world’s population is now compelled to remain at home with no income while the Coronavirus spreads across the globe.
People are unable to leave their homes. They are unable to communicate with others. They are losing employment as a result of the quarantine.
Hundreds, if not thousands, of people lose their employment with every event that is canceled, every restaurant that closes, and every airport that closes.
In only two weeks, more than 10 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits, according to the US Department of Labor.
To put that in perspective, in the final two weeks of March, almost all of the jobs acquired in the previous five years were lost.
Weekly unemployment insurance claims report from the Department of Labor (April 2, 2020) Connie Hanzhang Jin and Alyson Hurt/National Public Radio
Some people lose their full-time employment. Many people lose part-time employment that they were relying on. And tens of thousands more are expected to suffer the same fate in the coming weeks.
If you’re facing (or potentially facing) job loss or seeking for ways to supplement your income online, here are 11 things you can do to stay afloat financially and eventually emerge stronger from the Coronavirus.
“When your neighbor loses his job, you have a recession. When you lose your work, you get a depression.”
When You Lose Your Job, Here Are 11 Things to Do
1. Fill out an application for unemployment benefits.
You may apply for unemployment benefits if you’ve been fired, furloughed, left your work, or had your hours drastically cut.
If you lose your work, this is the most apparent action you may take to receive immediate financial assistance.
Although the benefits and criteria vary by state, the program generally pays half of your income for an average of 26 weeks.
Furthermore, the US Senate approved and the president signed a $2 trillion emergency fiscal stimulus plan dubbed Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security in response to the worldwide epidemic of COVID-19 (CARES).
This means you may get an additional $600 each week for up to four months on top of your weekly unemployment payments.
In addition, the CARES Act allows your state’s unemployment benefits to be extended for another 13 weeks. COVID-19 Information has additional information.
Check with your government if you reside outside of the United States, since virtually every nation in the globe is currently implementing stimulus programs to deal with the present COVID-19 problem.
If you are eligible for unemployment benefits, you should apply as soon as possible.
Even if you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, you should still apply. There’s no harm in giving it a go.
While living on half your salary (or less) may be difficult, having any money is preferable than having none at all, particularly at this crucial juncture.
2. Keep in mind that, like most things in life, this, too, will pass.
Don’t take it personally if you’re unemployed. You have every right to be sad, angry, irritated, perplexed, or depressed.
But don’t think about it for too long.
Accept the facts as they are.
Recognize that, as unpleasant, inconvenient, and unjust as this unemployment may be, life must continue on. You must also take steps ahead.
Recognize that you are in a season of your life. A change in seasons offers new opportunities for earning money.
Recognize that this Coronavirus pandemic, which has been described as a “once-in-a-century” occurrence, will come to an end. Pandemics have occurred many times in the past. Viruses such as smallpox, the Spanish flu, and others may be fatal. No one knows when COVID-19 will finish, although previous pandemics have lasted anywhere from 12 to 36 months.
Everything is fleeting. Coronavirus will be eradicated.
It’s not always simple, but do your best to maintain control over what you can.
It’s a good idea to start looking for new pandemic-proof sources of income right now. Start a respectable internet career from home that can help you weather the storm.
3. Create chances for yourself.
“Be mindful of the danger–but also identify the opportunity” in a crisis.
While receiving unemployment benefits is convenient, it is just a temporary solution.
Don’t count on the government to come to your rescue!
You’ll have to back up yourself sooner or later (when nobody else will).
The good news is that adversity always brings with it tremendous and profitable possibilities.
You can earn money from anything if you put in the effort and discipline.
Knowing what to look for is the key.
Instead of being immobilized by dread and terror, take action.
Ignore the noise in the media and concentrate on finding chances in the midst of the crisis.
4. Earn money on the internet
You can always earn money online if you’re prepared to put in some work, regardless of your talent, education, or experience.
“If your company is not on the internet, your business will be out of business,” Bill Gates famously remarked.
Learn how to make the most of the Internet’s potential:
- Virtual Work Opportunities: A growing number of businesses are willing to employ or contract with remote workers. Join the freelancing bandwagon and start earning money online by offering your freelance skills. You’ll have greater flexibility and control over your work schedule, workspace, and clients. If you’re new to working from home, this list of the top 10 professions that need little or no expertise may help you get started.
- Turn your knowledge into money with remote learning. Create your own online course, a website, a YouTube channel, a podcast, or a podcast. Due to the closure of schools, online learning (e-learning) is exploding. It’s one of the companies that has benefited from the recession’s increased demand. Teachable, an online learning platform, for example, was recently sold for $250 million in the midst of the financial crisis.
- E-commerce: Because stores are so close together, more people will buy online. Make an online shop for your physical store, sell on Amazon FBA, establish a print-on-demand company, offer a specialized product, and so on.
- Self-publishing: Use sites like Amazon and Draft2Digital to publish your own books. This is how I got my six-figure book business off the ground.
Please keep in mind that this is not a get-rich-quick scheme.
Adopt one of these revenue sources and handle it as if it were a legitimate company. Prepare to put in some effort up front for little to no return. But if this business takes off, you’ll be able to earn a lot more money than you could at your current work!
5. Gigs and side hustles
We live in a gig economy, which means there are lots of spontaneous jobs and side hustles available that aren’t restricted to what can be done online.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads across the globe, demand for food delivery and cleaning services is increasing.
- Businesses are closed, restaurants are only offering food-to-go, and everyone is staying inside right now. With Postmates, you can easily earn additional money by delivering meals in your free time.
- Cleaning services include housekeeping, cleaning, dusting, and disinfection.
Other side hustles you can start now include selling your crafts, babysitting, driving for Uber, renting your spare room on Airbnb, and selling your digital photographs.
One of the best things about having a side hustle is that you have greater flexibility and control over the kind of tasks you take on and how much time you spend to them.
6. Collect gift cards
There are many websites where you can earn free gift cards by doing basic activities and answering survey questions in your leisure time.
It’s simple to do and appropriate for all ages.
Set up 30 minutes to an hour each day to express your thoughts—honestly—and you may possibly earn an additional $100 per month with no effort.
Sign up here if you want to earn money doing surveys and microtasks:
- My favorite site for paid surveys is Survey Junkie. You get compensated for each survey you complete.
- Share your thoughts with business decision-makers for a chance to win free Amazon gift cards. Plus, you’ll get a $5 bonus just for joining up.
- Timebucks: Earn money by doing basic web-based activities such as clicking advertisements, viewing movies, playing games, reading emails, and downloading applications.
7. Look for bargains and get cashback
You may wish to cut down on your expenditures as much as possible while you’re jobless.
Examine your monthly budget and cut off needless costs like internet subscriptions, gym memberships, and entertainment costs.
However, you must pay for essential necessities such as electricity, food, and rent.
Lolli is a reward software that may help you discover the greatest discount offers at your favorite shops while also allowing you to earn cashback (in the form of Bitcoin) on every online purchase.
When you make your first purchase, you’ll get a free $10 in bitcoin.
The following is how it works:
- Install the Lolli Chrome extension on your browser.
- As you browse the web, Lolli will appear to inform you of the amount of Bitcoin you may earn back.
- Purchase anything you were going to purchase as usual.
- When you use Lolli to pay for anything, you’ll get free Bitcoin.
Here’s a list of partners we think you’ll find useful, both for you and your bitcoin wallet.
(1) Grocery store
It is possible that delivery will not be available in all locations. For additional information, contact your local grocery shop.
- Safeway is offering a 1% bitcoin refund.
- Albertsons is offering a 1% bitcoin rebate.
- Pavilions provide a 1% bitcoin refund.
- Randalls is offering a 1% bitcoin rebate.
- 1 percent bitcoin returned at Jewel Osco
- Tom Thumb is giving back 1% of his bitcoin.
- Vons is offering a 1% bitcoin rebate.
(2) Vitamins, Nutrition, and Immunity
Have you run out of vitamins and supplements? Lolli’s top health products are available for purchase.
- Onnit gives you 13.5 percent of your bitcoin back.
- Herbspro is offering a 9% bitcoin refund.
- 7 percent bitcoin back at Vitamin World
- Vitacost offers a 5% bitcoin refund.
- Swanson Health is offering a 5% bitcoin refund.
- 2.5 percent bitcoin back at The Vitamin Shoppe
(3) Food Distribution:
- Postmates refunds $2.25 in bitcoin.
- Caviar – get up to 3.5 percent back in bitcoin
Lolli is the subject of my review, which you can find here.
8. Make as much money as you can
If you’re bored at home, why not clear out your closet, get rid of things that don’t fit, and make your house more organized?
Getting rid of items you don’t use can not only offer you more room, but it may also allow you to make some additional money.
If a garage sale isn’t an option, consider selling your goods to a consignment shop. Online marketplaces such as eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Craiglist, and Etsy are good places to start.
If everything else fails, you may always rent out your belongings to get some fast cash.
9. Make Money by Renting Out Your Items
If you already own certain items, renting them for profit may help you pay your expenses and get by while you’re jobless.
From books, cameras, chairs, designer clothing, shoes, ladders, drones, tents, motorcycles, speakers, surfboards, vehicles, vans, and even your backyards and parking spaces, you can hire out almost anything for money.
Sign up for a free account on FriendWithA (FWA), a peer-to-peer rental marketplace, and get started.
It’s completely free to list your item for rent on FriendWithA. All you have to do is submit a few pictures of your item, give it a name, and a brief description, and FWA will locate a renter for it instantly.
You may rent out your equipment to various users over and over again, generating recurring revenue for as long as you wish.
Depending on the item and its condition, you might easily earn an extra $1000 each month without doing any more labor.
Check out my 2020 guide to renting out your goods online if you want to make money with your current items.
10. Expand your knowledge
“There’s always a way to get your money back. You can never get back a minute of time.”
Don’t squander your quarantine period.
The problem is that many people are unaware that we are not returning to normal.
Coronavirus will alter the way we study, work, shop, socialize, exercise, play, and do business.
Take advantage of the chance to make the switch to digital. Everyone will be compelled to adjust to working online, whether they like it or not.
Discover something new. Improve your abilities. Take a class. that will help you improve your career or realize your full potential in a sector that is constantly changing.
The top learning platforms provide free courses that you can attend anywhere, anytime, and at your own speed to learn virtually anything:
Do you want to pick up a new skill or get a certificate? Here are some of my favorite free e-learning resources.
11. Take Each Step One At A Time
By eating properly, sleeping well, exercising, finding time for pleasure, and controlling stress, you can bounce back.
Always keep in mind that life is a treadmill, not a ladder.
So remember to look for yourself. Make improvements to oneself. Every day, improve by 1% in terms of physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being.
- Make certain you are getting adequate exercise. Complete 100 pushups, situps, and a full-body stretch.
- For ten minutes, sit and meditate (do nothing).
- Prepare your own food.
- Reduce the amount of time you spend viewing the news and keep yourself informed about current events. COVID-19 should be taken once a day.
- Read an excellent book or an interesting article.
- Take a course
- Pick up a new skill
- Take up a new pastime.
Every crisis may also be seen as an opportunity.
Let’s take advantage of this chance to work from home.
This is a good moment to tune out the outside world and tune in to your inner voice.
To do something that before would not have been feasible.
To acquire a new talent and launch a web-based business.
To design a life for yourself in which you may live more, work less, and really enjoy being alive without worrying about money.
What is the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on your life? Do you think you’ll lose your work as a result of the pandemic?
Do you have any suggestions for us? Tell us in the comments section.
I’ve hand-picked a few articles for you to read next to help you weather this terrible storm and rebound back once the economy recovers:
- can i get unemployment if i have to quarantine for 2 weeks
- lost job due to covid assistance
- list three factors that has contributed to a rise in unemployment global during covid-19
- impact of job loss due to covid-19
- how to get money during coronavirus